News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Time is $

Started by 2112, October 05, 2019, 07:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tho not heavy on Shelbys, Hemmings Muscle Machines is a great publication. I highly recommend it.

This was an interesting article in the latest issue;

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/?post_type=article&p=1076248

silverton_ford

Can you paste the article here?   It requires you to have an account to read the entire article.

pchmotoho

Agree 100 percent.  Ive been subscribing for many years now.  I was bummed to see their sister magazine "Sports and Exotics" (or something like that) go away though. 

Quote from: silverton_ford on October 05, 2019, 10:22:47 PM
Can you paste the article here?   It requires you to have an account to read the entire article.

I reposted the link, let me know if it works.

chris NOS

You need to login to read it.

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: 2112 on October 06, 2019, 01:07:49 AM
Quote from: silverton_ford on October 05, 2019, 10:22:47 PM

I reposted the link, let me know if it works.

Still not working...
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

Shoot, sorry about that. The new link was definitely different that the first so I thought it would fly.

I think they must unlock them a bit later. Maybe when the next issue comes out. I have successfully posted links before. I will refresh this in a few weeks.

roddster

In short, the article is about how fast (therefore how much) the cost of a quality paint job runs.  It is pretty much all in the prep work, and in the teeny tiny details.

Shelby_r_b

Thanks Michael and Rod! Yes, great magazine that I look forward to receiving.
Nothing beats a classic!

FL SAAC

seen it previously, makes you understand you get what you pay for
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

67 GT350

My Boss 302 went through hell as I tried to restore it, or have it restored.

First guy, gave me a price, 3 years later he charged me 900.00 storage as he put it in his barn after taking it apart (taking it apart cost me 4000.00).

Second buy, 15,000.00 later 90 percent of the metal work was done, cost me 900.00 for work on the cowl, he put it in his barn then told me he could not afford to finish it for me.

Third guy, took the car apart, guy number 2 had aligned every body panel up, got it apart, bead blasted it, called me up and told me he lost interest in it, I got it back in parts.

Forth guy, (so called restoration shop specializing in muscle cars), had it for 3 years, when I told them I wanted it back, they installed a reproduction cowl very fast, because they owed me 3000.00 back if I just took it before they did the work.

The place I should have started with, GUY NUMBER FIVE, finished the car! But found many parts disappeared, (Boss parts), that were there when I took it to guy number four, thus more money! BUT got a beautiful restored car now! I should have took it to the last guy as he is known as a Shelby/Ford/Boss restoration shop, (my lesson, it may seem like a lot to go to a known person, but it will be worth it!). The kicker is I have had work done by this car a few times and his work is one of the best.

I would have never done the car if I know what was going to happen, but finishing the car was more important to me when it got to the last guy, then all the money I spent. The car is worth much less than the cost to restore it, but I am OK with that.
RARE  Signature Delete