News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

No crank no start 69GT

Started by 1969shelbygt350, October 06, 2019, 07:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhjanes

The Neutral Safety keeps it from cranking while the transmission lever is in a Drive position.  It is easy to set with a wrench and a drill bit.  But it's rare that it is "off" once set (unless the nut holding it is loose).  Got a spare starter solenoid?  Buddy nearby can take one off and try on yours?  No-Starts can be difficult to track down.  Checking fuel and current. 
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

J_Speegle

Quote from: 1969shelbygt350 on October 08, 2019, 05:34:17 PM
I have 350 and auto

Believe (been a few years since I looked at one of these applications) that locates it at the shifter so access it from inside but would suggest you by pass it and test. That will provide a go - no go answer making the process quicker

Quote from: 1969shelbygt350 on October 08, 2019, 05:33:25 PM
I manually bridged the selenoid. Not sure but this is next one in the path!

So you just by- passed the dash and neutral safety switch and not the solenoid.

If you didn't get a reaction from the starter that way then its likely not in the key loop or the neutral safety loop.  Guessing you got the solenoid to produce a single click and not a rattle.

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

1969shelbygt350

Hi Jeff
I got one click at the selenoid.  I couldn't find the safety switch underneath. I took of the shifter plate and I got exactly what I'm the picture. Is that where the safety switch on the left side of the shifter arm??

Thx

1969shelbygt350

Thank you for all you guys inputs and Jeff showed me the pictures.  This morning went out with wife and tried to check the wire leads out from S terminal on selenoid. But didn't have to check it. Put key into the ignition and started! Lol. Doesn't know why?

Thx

Bob Gaines

If it happens intermittently again then I would suspect the ignition switch.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby