Author Topic: Best Quality 1967 Commercial  (Read 5359 times)

Road Reptile

• View Profile
Re: Best Quality 1967 Commercial
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2018, 08:34:26 PM »
Hi to all 67 fans,
A HUGE THANKS to Keith for the devotion-dedication,and time spent on all this.
The car in the video with Mr. Shelby and the Ford executive in front of the building shows the front fender emblem centered on the fender...we need to put a date on this.
Several things point this to car #0003 and the date would really help.
The cars driven in the video near LAX are different cars-the "Theme" restaurant is visible and a good landmark--it is also where the brochure photos were done..
Remember #0003 was the first production car finished and was promptly sent to the Michigan car show-Burnt Amber was a new release and they were testing the reaction on people--I dont
think it went over well,Now years later it is a hit,as times and acceptance of rare/different things are o.k. in everyones world.
Thanks again for putting this all together guys!!!!
R.R.

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
Re: Best Quality 1967 Commercial
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2018, 05:33:04 AM »
Hi to all 67 fans,
A HUGE THANKS to Keith for the devotion-dedication,and time spent on all this.
The car in the video with Mr. Shelby and the Ford executive in front of the building shows the front fender emblem centered on the fender...we need to put a date on this.
Several things point this to car #0003 and the date would really help.
The cars driven in the video near LAX are different cars-the "Theme" restaurant is visible and a good landmark--it is also where the brochure photos were done..
Remember #0003 was the first production car finished and was promptly sent to the Michigan car show-Burnt Amber was a new release and they were testing the reaction on people--I dont
think it went over well,Now years later it is a hit,as times and acceptance of rare/different things are o.k. in everyones world.
Thanks again for putting this all together guys!!!!
R.R.

Is it really?  I'm not so sure.  To hard core fans like us, it gets our motors running.  But to the general public, I'm not so sure.  The few times I find a Mustang or Shelby out in the wild in that color, it seems that the owner tweaked the color to make it more appealing.
It's also interesting that many of the original Bronze Shelby's got repainted another color.  Henry's no. 78 comes to mind.

https://imageshack.com/a/4BNl/1

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative