News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1971 Shelby Cobra - What could have been....

Started by Richstang, February 21, 2018, 05:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tesgt350

You should have also noticed the 69 Fastback "C" Pillar Emblem on the red Car.

Richstang

Quote from: billups67 on February 22, 2018, 10:10:18 AM
Richstang, It looks like the deck lid and end caps are still Mustang and not Shelby as well. Maybe the car wasn't finished being converted yet? I have some notes somewhere about the roll bar completion dates. 2338 and 2339 both have very crude built roll bars. maybe the roll bars were not done yet so they didn't bother taking the interior out to install the qt scoops because they would have to repeat the same process again to install the roll bar. just a thought. Maybe someone can find the original print of this photo so we could blow it up and try to find more details.

I have to wonder if that '69 was not a Shelby, but just had some of the parts added. These Ford Design photos are tough to find. I have a large file of them for all generations of Mustangs. Other than the few photo's on Pete' website they are a rare site. There are about 4 B&W views of the fastback and the convertible in the Dearborn studio courtyard, but that's it. That's why I mentioned the "Consumer's Guide Mustang" books. They seem to be one of the best sources for these photos that are not on any websites.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

nconnors545

Man thank god they came to their senses. The front of that thing looks hideous.