Author Topic: eBay: 1964.5 1965 1966 Mustang Shelby 4 spd gear shift knob RARE brown original  (Read 2606 times)

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
Ok, I know this wasn't OEM on a '65/66 Shelby, or Mustang for that matter.  But what was it from?  It looks to be the correct shape.  Thoughts?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-5-1965-1966-Mustang-Shelby-4-speed-gear-shift-knob-RARE-brown-original/192933145575?hash=item2cebb62be7:g:5XUAAOSwngRc4X2W

1964.5 1965 1966 Mustang Shelby 4 speed gear shift knob RARE brown original. Condition is used and restore

Buy it Now:  $60
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

TJinSA

• View Profile
Not an answer to your question, but it would pretty stunning with a pony interior wood package... original nut, nice aftermarket piece (IMHO)
Tom Kubler
6S296

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Not an answer to your question, but it would pretty stunning with a pony interior wood package... original nut, nice aftermarket piece (IMHO)
Repro knobs have a brass insert and genuine have steel like in the picture. Although the brown knob may be vintage it is not typical for Mustang.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

427heaven

• View Profile
That shift pattern would explain what it came off of. What transmissions had reverse up and to the left? No ford 4 speeds that come to my mind.

CSX4781

• View Profile
Falcon and Comet have reverse to the left and up. I believe Galaxie and Fairlane may be as well, but I'm not quite certain.

Dave

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
Repro knobs have a brass insert and genuine have steel like in the picture. Although the brown knob may be vintage it is not typical for Mustang.

That was the first thing I noticed, and why I posted it.  (I remember you teaching us that Bob). It just looked like it wasn't aftermarket for some reason, but who knows?
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Edatang65

• View Profile
Looks kinda like one I had when we owned a Granada ?

427heaven

• View Profile
Possibly a Dagenham 4 speed shifter, light duty 6 banger trans. :-\

Black430SCJ

• View Profile
64 Comet Cyclone used that knob. I expect that 64 Falcon Sprint used it also.

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
That shift pattern would explain what it came off of. What transmissions had reverse up and to the left? No ford 4 speeds that come to my mind.
??
Brush-up on your Boss 302's ::)

1969 - RUG E3 = Wide ratio

1969 - RUG AG = Close ratio

1970 - RUG AV = Wide ratio

1970 - RUG AW = Close ratio

http://www.boss302.com/topload.htm

http://www.boss302.com/hurst.htm
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 03:35:11 PM by 69mach351w »