News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Checkered Flag: Bill Herndon of Pony Warehouse

Started by BGlover67, October 09, 2019, 05:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

It's with a sad heart I have to report the passing of Bill Herndon of Pony Warehouse in Wake Forest, North Carolina. I don't have all the details yet, but I believe he passed away from a heart attack yesterday. Bill was at our SAAC Carolina's fall event at the Mustang Owners Museum this last Saturday, and I had lunch with him and a few of the other members. 

On a personal note, when I was recovering from renal carcinoma surgery, Bill was one of the people who reached out to me repeatedly to make sure I was doing well. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Update:  William Herndon, Jr was 60 years old (way too young) and he will be at the Bright Funeral Home & Cremation Center, 405 South Main Street, Wake Forest.  I'll post the dates and times of his wake for anyone in the NC area who wishes to pay their respects.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Side-Oilers

Sorry to hear that another good guy from our car hobby has passed.

Best wishes to his family and friends.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

427heaven

Sad to Hear- Bill was a wild and crazy kinda guy with many interesting stories to tell. I started buying parts from him over 40 years ago when he was in the valley in SO CAL... God Speed.

Dizzy

Way too young to pass.... I have traded services with Bill for years. My most sincere condolences to his wife and children. God speed buddy

J_Speegle

Such a sad announcement but thanks for sharing. His family is in our thoughts and prayer in this time of need and support
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

KDunne

Bill

Horrible news, glad I was able to see him one more time. Our condolences to his family.

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Bob Gaines

What terrible unexpected news. I have known him for decades . He will be missed.My condolences to his family.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Greg

I hate to hear that he was super nice and willing to help in any way possible.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

NC TRACKRAT

Sad news, indeed.  Bill was one of my "go to" people when I was restoring 6S1487. 
5S071, 6S1467

DC-DD

Very sad news . Bill was a great guy . God speed buddy.
My Condolences to the family.

Dominic

Shelby_r_b

Nothing beats a classic!

texas swede

Sad news. I bought a lot of parts from him over the years, for example, a NOS 65 Shelby trunk mat.
RIP
Texas Swede

Special Ed

427 heaven i think u are talking about another bill like in valley ford parts CA bill norton. Bill herndon was in maryland for years then he moved to NC.  He used our tent in  ford carlisle last year and sold mainly nos parts.    Godspeed Billy.

427heaven

Ed Thanks for the clarification, I got my Bills crossed up. It was Norton, not Herndon, and many decades ago.