News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Leno discusses Ford vs. Ferrari with Damon

Started by shelbydoug, October 10, 2019, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Side-Oilers

Damon: " Nothing is CGI."

Really? That's a big brag in this day and age.

I guess we will see.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Vernon Estes

Quote from: Side-Oilers on October 10, 2019, 03:20:23 PM
Damon: " Nothing is CGI."

Really? That's a big brag in this day and age.

I guess we will see.

Just a few seconds after Damon makes that claim there's a 64 "Series 2" Ferrari GTO that flips end over end and then slides on its roof as Miles passes in his GT....looks cool but its def CGI. Gave me a good belly laugh.

I think we would all be well served to enjoy the movie for what it is. I, for one, and really looking forward to it and I'm gonna go into theatre with the intent of being entertained as opposed to the intent of witnessing the most historically accurate movie ever made.

Kind regards,
Vern
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

Coralsnake

Agree with you Vern. I dont care what color the wheels are. I just want to be entertained and have others enjoy the story of Shelby

Side-Oilers

Me too, and I think it's great that there's a CS movie at all. 

I eagerly await seeing it, and will try to suspend disbelief that Damon doesn't look or sound anything like CS. 
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

propayne

Plus I've always thought that Ken Miles's story is amazing and it will be great for more people to learn about him.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

Special Ed

Very true phil just think how much racing history would have changed if ken miles wouldnt have been killed when he did and he would have  keep on racing and how interesting the talks and stories would have been between him and shelby over last 40 years or so !  Hopefully after this movie ken miles will get the recognition he deserves since most younger people dont know who he was because he was killed so long ago doing what he loved testing race cars.

Shelby_r_b

^this. And it still amazes me that Ken was so much older than the other drivers at the time
Nothing beats a classic!

Don Johnston

Wife and I are looking orward to seeing it.  We differ on what we we see as the eye candy in the movie.   8)