News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Temp. Sending Unit

Started by Survivor, December 26, 2019, 04:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Survivor

What color would be correct for the top of a '67/350 water temp. sending unit with a May 17, '67 build date.  I've seen white, red etc.  Would both be correct in that it was just a production run change? 

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Survivor on December 26, 2019, 04:52:46 PM
What color would be correct for the top of a '67/350 water temp. sending unit with a May 17, '67 build date.  I've seen white, red etc.  Would both be correct in that it was just a production run change?
I typically see red.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

s2ms

I recently started a thread over on the Concours site about this very subject.

The short answer, at least as I understand it, is 66-68 6-cylinders used the C6DZ-10884-A (white insulator) sender while V8 used the C6DZ-10884-B (red insulator) sender.

The different version Ford MPC's add to the confusion. I also had a number of email exchanges with Bob Mannel who determined after reviewing the MPC's, plus his own observations, that the white insulator was used on SBF V8's in 67-68.

All that said....red seems more typical....like Bob said....

Dave - 6S1757