Author Topic: eBay: 1964.5 1965 1966 Mustang Shelby 4 spd gear shift knob RARE brown original  (Read 525 times)

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formally "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
Ok, I know this wasn't OEM on a '65/66 Shelby, or Mustang for that matter.  But what was it from?  It looks to be the correct shape.  Thoughts?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-5-1965-1966-Mustang-Shelby-4-speed-gear-shift-knob-RARE-brown-original/192933145575?hash=item2cebb62be7:g:5XUAAOSwngRc4X2W

1964.5 1965 1966 Mustang Shelby 4 speed gear shift knob RARE brown original. Condition is used and restore

Buy it Now:  $60
Thanks,
Brian Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

TJinSA

• View Profile
Not an answer to your question, but it would pretty stunning with a pony interior wood package... original nut, nice aftermarket piece (IMHO)
Tom Kubler
6S296

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Not an answer to your question, but it would pretty stunning with a pony interior wood package... original nut, nice aftermarket piece (IMHO)
Repro knobs have a brass insert and genuine have steel like in the picture. Although the brown knob may be vintage it is not typical for Mustang.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

427heaven

• View Profile
That shift pattern would explain what it came off of. What transmissions had reverse up and to the left? No ford 4 speeds that come to my mind.

CSX4781

• View Profile
Falcon and Comet have reverse to the left and up. I believe Galaxie and Fairlane may be as well, but I'm not quite certain.

Dave

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formally "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
Repro knobs have a brass insert and genuine have steel like in the picture. Although the brown knob may be vintage it is not typical for Mustang.

That was the first thing I noticed, and why I posted it.  (I remember you teaching us that Bob). It just looked like it wasn't aftermarket for some reason, but who knows?
Thanks,
Brian Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Edatang65

• View Profile
Looks kinda like one I had when we owned a Granada ?

427heaven

• View Profile
Possibly a Dagenham 4 speed shifter, light duty 6 banger trans. :-\

REDGT350

• View Profile
64 Comet Cyclone used that knob. I expect that 64 Falcon Sprint used it also.

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
That shift pattern would explain what it came off of. What transmissions had reverse up and to the left? No ford 4 speeds that come to my mind.
??
Brush-up on your Boss 302's ::)

1969 - RUG E3 = Wide ratio

1969 - RUG AG = Close ratio

1970 - RUG AV = Wide ratio

1970 - RUG AW = Close ratio

http://www.boss302.com/topload.htm

http://www.boss302.com/hurst.htm
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 03:35:11 PM by 69mach351w »
Coulda been a Shelby owner many times in the 80's/90's. Was always so close but yet, so far away for me......