News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

68 GT390 Fastback with TriPower listed on invoice?

Started by stangman39, October 13, 2019, 08:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68stangcjfb

This is a made up invoice. How would a "dealer" option end up on a "factory" invoice? The fonts are all wrong. It should say power disc brakes. Transportation charges and total are in the wrong place. there is no ship to if other than above. I could go on. Marti auto definitely didn't make that one.
68 1/2 CJ Mustang GT FB auto 3.91s 68 1/2 CJ Torino GT FB 3.91s 60 Thunderbird 64 Falcon Sprint conv. 4Spd 65 Falcon Sedan Delivery 67 Fairlane 500 SW 428 4Spd, 68 Torino 4dr 95 Thunderbird SC. 89 F250 Supercab 2wd, 98 Mustang conv. 99 Jeep Cherokee 2002 Thunderbird. 96 Harley FLSTN Heritage Special

Coralsnake

J_Speegle

If it were real wonder how a dealer (especially a California one) would have addressed the emissions issues, fines and so on. Might have been able to skirt the issue and 68 requirements if added after the sale but not with the sale.

Made up so it doesn't really matter - just considering the implications of such a claim.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Coralsnake

The solar batteries must have been running low on that calculator when they added up the invoice.
Unless I am in error, it doesn't add up to that total.

:o

Fake documents destroy credibility real fast

stangman39

The price is high so that's what made me originally look at the ad!
Then I saw the "rare" TriPower claim and it on the invoice in different font!

Too funny Pete about the math!!

Coralsnake

It looks like the math doesn't take into account the "dealer options".

I am sure they just threw those in.

J_Speegle

The window stickers would have been preprinted so all the math is done on what was included in the car from the plant

Up sales/add-ons were often written and added up on a worksheet (have a few examples) that was added to the window sticker total. Do have one example (different part of the country) where the add-ons were typed onto the window sticker as in this example - math is off on that one to if you total everything up
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

stangman39

I'd think if there was a chance the dealer did install the TriPower you'd need a true
original window sticker or something original from the dealer to prove it.
That sticker looks too clean and new