News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Ford GT compared to 2020 Corvette

Started by deathsled, August 14, 2019, 10:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfoot

Quote from: CSX 4133 on October 15, 2019, 12:46:10 PM

The problem Corvette has is it's buying public is getting older, a decade ago the median age of a Corvette owner was 54. Currently the median age is 64, it doesn't help that the publics perception of the owners is "an old dude going through mid life crisis" while wearing gold chains and loafers.
Corvette hopes to recapture some of the "youth" market with the new Corvette, unfortunately todays 20 somethings are more into non GMO foods, electric cars, and social networking than cars.

Now that's funny.
And pretty accurate!
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bigfoot

Quote from: Shawn on November 14, 2019, 03:46:16 PM
Here's a few pictures of my 06 GT with just over 500 miles on it.  The design of the 05 06 GT will never age.  There are only 2 other cars it can be compared to, the original GT40 and the 2017+GT they are all 3 in a class of their own.

Hey,...you finally got it. Congrats
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

FL SAAC

indeed

Quote from: csxsfm on November 14, 2019, 05:08:49 PM
GM makes a commitment. Ford plays on the edges.  GM evolved the C1 to the spectacular C2 while Ford bloated the T-Bird into a sedan.  Chevy performance parts have always been more available and 50% of the cost of Ford's.  Now the wonderful GT is marketed as a very elite image product while the C8 is a supercar for the masses.  GM's "beancounters" give their car guys" much more leeway than Ford's.  Always been that way.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

67 GT350

GM makes a commitment. Ford plays on the edges.  GM evolved the C1 to the spectacular C2 while Ford bloated the T-Bird into a sedan.  Chevy performance parts have always been more available and 50% of the cost of Ford's.  Now the wonderful GT is marketed as a very elite image product while the C8 is a supercar for the masses.  GM's "beancounters" give their car guys" much more leeway than Ford's.  Always been that way.

WOW harsh, lets see the Ford GT new 175K and I don't ever remember them going to 100K or less, they only went up! Sometimes a better product will cost more....and it is worth it!
On a side note, I happen to like my 02 Thunderbird it is a nice cruiser, it is what it is...The T-Bird was a nice car as a bigger car also, Ford sold cars.

I just cannot see the corvette going up in value, like the FGT.
RARE  Signature Delete

deathsled

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

shelbydoug

Quote from: 67 GT350 on November 14, 2019, 09:27:12 PM

Why is that so important that a car appreciates in value? Doesn't anyone actually buy a car to drive anymore? These are all like US Proof Sets, just collectors items?

I think that might even be GM's point here? They build cars for people to drive and are practical to use?

WOW harsh, lets see the Ford GT new 175K and I don't ever remember them going to 100K or less, they only went up! Sometimes a better product will cost more....and it is worth it!
On a side note, I happen to like my 02 Thunderbird it is a nice cruiser, it is what it is...The T-Bird was a nice car as a bigger car also, Ford sold cars.

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

+1 +2 +3....well you get it...use it, enjoy it and then chuck it, next

Quote from: shelbydoug on November 15, 2019, 08:03:15 AM
Quote from: 67 GT350 on November 14, 2019, 09:27:12 PM

Why is that so important that a car appreciates in value? Doesn't anyone actually buy a car to drive anymore? These are all like US Proof Sets, just collectors items?

I think that might even be GM's point here? They build cars for people to drive and are practical to use?

I have all UNGOLD cars