Author Topic: Lousy Chicago weather  (Read 4913 times)

jguyer

• SAAC Member
  • Any man that eats chili, can't be all bad.
    • View Profile
Re: Lousy Chicago weather
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2019, 07:22:28 PM »
What, no snow tires? :)
"Never trust a man that don't eat cornbread, or a woman that don't cook it"

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2019, 07:49:55 PM »
There are 3 seasons:

1) Winter
2) The 4th of July
3) Construction

LOL!!! Soooooo true.
Nothing beats a classic!

roddster

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2019, 09:58:40 AM »
  I just got back from a fishing trip in Wisconsin.  Those road builders and politians in Illinois have some 'splaining to do about the lousy roads in Illinois but gee, the roads in Wisconsin seemed so nice.
   Don't worry, as the dummy congressman explained, Florida will be the next state to sink into the ocean....after Guam flips over.

kjspeed

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2019, 10:31:55 AM »
I guess no area of the country is perfect. Weather has been perfect down here (Florida) for driving. But the car has stayed in the garage because of these evil insects!
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2019, 06:34:14 PM »
Good point.  I almost forgot about the Monarch Butterfly migration that takes place in San Antonio.  It happens every year, and as you'll see by the attached pictures, they not only do they funnel right through our neck of the woods, but you can't help but cover the front of your car during the migration, given how thick they are...it's like a Biblical Plague!

https://www.ksat.com/weather/return-of-the-snout-nose-butterflies_
Nothing beats a classic!

madeulook

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2019, 03:51:43 PM »
California is heaven for car guys. Nothing like driving the coast from San Fran to LA in a drop top Mustang with a full moon just in time to make a 8am flight back to friggin' ChiTown.

ONCE UPON A TIME....I went from Ukiah and tried to get to Mendocino - through the Lost Coast - UNBELIEVABLE TOPOGRAPHY - down Low Gapp Road - never got to Mendocino - anyone interested in that story, give me a call. I have since been told others who have tried to do what I did were never seen again. I know why....
SFM5R-madeulook
1965 GT 350 Competition Tribute
1st. place pop vote Mid-Ohio

KR500

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2019, 04:51:40 PM »
California is heaven for car guys. Nothing like driving the coast from San Fran to LA in a drop top Mustang with a full moon just in time to make a 8am flight back to friggin' ChiTown.

ONCE UPON A TIME....I went from Ukiah and tried to get to Mendocino - through the Lost Coast - UNBELIEVABLE TOPOGRAPHY - down Low Gapp Road - never got to Mendocino - anyone interested in that story, give me a call. I have since been told others who have tried to do what I did were never seen again. I know why....
I have not driven Low Gapp Rd. Ukiah to Mendocino. I believe that the CA. Lost Coast Is further North and I have driven that twice. The route I took was Humboldt Redwoods State Park to Honeydew, Petrolia and Ferndale last year after SAAC 43 and the reverse before SAAC 35 in 2010. If you ever get that way I recommend it if you like drives off the beaten path.This route is a secondary two lane paved road that has tons of elevation changes, twists, turns and beautiful scenery. A section of it runs right on the coast with little traffic and very few people.
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

68gtcoupe

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2019, 03:00:07 PM »
Living in west central NH, we have 4 seasons.  Winter, mud season, black fly season and leaf peeper season.  Winter encompasses pretty much 6 mos. of the year.  We did have some choice weather this summer though, I put a couple thousand miles on my '68 GT coupe.  I went on a business trip to Chicago in mid-April this year and the weather was actually pretty decent.  I went to Navy boot camp in Great Lakes, spent Feb-July 1986 there.  Arrived there in a blizzard, left there on a beautiful summer day.  The wind off the lake in the winter combined with the cold was unreal.

Terry

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2019, 03:43:41 PM »
A little salt never hurt anybody ???
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2019, 04:10:33 PM »
We are never really sure if it is spring or summer here.  We try to leave all our salt in the water.  The fish seem to like it.

Aloha from the middle of the Pacific Ocean.8)

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2019, 09:18:30 PM »
A little salt never hurt anybody ???
What a great picture!  Your ever faithful and steady constant in your life.  Great memories spent together!  Your alter ego.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2019, 03:02:23 PM »
I still dream of California but from everything I hear, it's nothing like I imagine.  Which makes me sad.  I maybe think of California as it was in the golden age of hot rodding in the 1960s.
I was born in MI but was smart enough to move to CA when I was 2. In grade school we had cowboy stars come to school and do their rope and quick draw tricks. In high school it was run what ya brung at Irwindale and visiting big name drag teams when the Winter Nationals were in town. We had cackle fests on the quad before they became popular. The local Ford dealer hired a salesman away from another dealership and had him drive their Thunderbolt. Later Gas Ronda got into Mustangs. Belenger Headers, Performance Associates had SA connections. Our Boy Scout troop got free passes to Riverside for taking posters around town. A few shows stand out. The GM parade of progress when I was about 5 or 6 and the Chrysler turbine car at the local shopping center. I had my dad take me to the Chevy dealer to see the 63 Vette when it came out and couldn't get him to stop at Hertz to rent a GT350 when we took him to LAX for business trips. Today Russ Davis Ford is a condo complex with streets like Henry and Galaxy and the car is the enemy, some hot rod parts manufacturers still exist and there are many car builders who rely on the history/reputation of SoCal to boost their business but bottom line CA sucks.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless