News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

raj-nair-fords-north-america-president-is-out

Started by stephen_becker, February 22, 2018, 08:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuickSilverShelby

Another one bites the dust.

Keep your hands in your pockets boys, keep your hands in your pockets.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

deathsled

Will the Ford GT start losing now? Will a woman be appointed to replace him and save the program? Stay tuned...same Bat time same Bat channel. (dating myself here).
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Not on this case specifically. But where the hell is due process?

deathsled

Due process was repealed a long time ago LOL! (de facto if not de jure). It's overrated anyway. 1984. This coffee is double plus good...
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

gt350hr

We can hope Jim Farley ( Cobra and Shelby owner / racer) will get the "post" . He has been "in training" for some time now with expectations he will eventually lead the ship.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

mark p

I'm waiting for some "inside word" from on here about WTF happened here?? Wow.
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

427heaven

Having a family member from the inner circle of ford execs in the 1960s-70s , he ran North America Parts division. I can tell you it is brutal at the top if you are not a 100 percent brown noser you will not be welcome with your fresh ideas to move things forward. Look at history of the few we know SHELBY-IACOCCA- SHINODA and so many more. They were great until they weren't great and ALL were shown the door and the boot! The hot seat is a lonely one and the burner is always on high, until the heat is unbearable and then some fresh meat will sit down and try his luck. Only to repeat the process again.

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: 2112 on February 22, 2018, 10:13:42 AM
Not on this case specifically. But where the hell is due process?

Good question.  As an HR professional, I can tell you that there had to have been an investigation completely internally to make this move - one that yielded indisputable facts.  Also, the article states that he owned his behavior and apologized - he didn't try to deny it.

The only time legal would get involved (figuratively and literally) is if this wasn't an open and shut case.  And, it must have been both egregious and obvious, as firing someone for cause is a dicey situation from a company standpoint.  You really have to have an indisputable case, as the person could always take the company to court.  And, given the level that he was at, you can guarantee that there were millions of dollars at stake when it comes to his compensation or employment contract.

Nothing beats a classic!

Shelby_r_b

I just reread that article - he had been with Ford for over 30 years.

Yikes!
Nothing beats a classic!

Ldouble619

New guy will report to Jim Farley.

Quote from: gt350hr on February 22, 2018, 10:52:42 AM
  We can hope Jim Farley ( Cobra and Shelby owner / racer) will get the "post" . He has been "in training" for some time now with expectations he will eventually lead the ship.

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: 427heaven on February 24, 2018, 09:16:27 AM
Having a family member from the inner circle of ford execs in the 1960s-70s , he ran North America Parts division. I can tell you it is brutal at the top
Very true my uncle ran the Cleveland engine plant. He always liked how he was away from the daily back stabbing politics of Dearborn.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

gt350hr

Quote from: Ldouble619 on February 24, 2018, 12:13:30 PM
New guy will report to Jim Farley.

Quote from: gt350hr on February 22, 2018, 10:52:42 AM

Even better!
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.