News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

69-70 GT350/500 help needed

Started by kasearch@ix.netcom.com, October 15, 2019, 09:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

If you own a 69-70 GT, could someone please check your car and provide me the dimension (as shown in the attachment) of the driver side hood pin bracket. I need the measurement from the mounting side of the bracket to the center of the latch opening.  If all else fails, fabricate.  Wish me luck.

Coralsnake

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

I do appreciate the offer.  Branda, along with EVERYONE else, no longer has them. The manufacturer died and no one is reproducing them.  I have one side coming and was going to fab up the other side.  I just want to make sure of the dimensions before I make it.  I may take you up on your offer, but right now, what I am looking for is the dimensions for the driver side, just in case it is different than the passenger side.  Better to be safe than not have it fit properly

Coralsnake

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Coralsnake on October 15, 2019, 02:44:43 PM
Brackets are symetrical
+1 . With one side you will have the dimensions to make the other side. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

Thanks Bob.  I just wasn't sure and I didn't want to take a chance.  Did you receive my email?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: kasearch@ix.netcom.com on October 15, 2019, 03:03:25 PM
Thanks Bob.  I just wasn't sure and I didn't want to take a chance.  Did you receive my email?
Yes I did.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby