News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

PCV Valve, Fitting and Hose

Started by johnzajc@gmail.com, October 15, 2019, 09:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnzajc@gmail.com

Looking for ---Fomoco C7AE A PCV Valve  [45]                                                                                                                                                                  Block--Gold Cadmium, block shaped, right angle fitting  C80E B

1967 eight barrel

They are both reproduced. Is this for a '67 500? 
                                                                     -Keith

1967 eight barrel

There is no part number on my original block. The PCV was an NOS unit. The part number is on a plastic disc that slides over the threads.  They sell the disc separately. Perhaps Bob can provide you the number if it's missing.

J_Speegle

Long are the discussions about the ID tags/rings on the PCV valves and if they were present on assembly line units.

Invite each to do their research focusing on their specific year and application as patterns may vary ;)

Of course there are always owners/builders that will purchase and apply every sticker and label available believe that they are correct for their car.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 1967 eight barrel on October 18, 2019, 05:56:43 PM
There is no part number on my original block. The PCV was an NOS unit. The part number is on a plastic disc that slides over the threads.  They sell the disc separately. Perhaps Bob can provide you the number if it's missing.
The 90 degree fitting block does not have any number markings. The pcv on the other hand will have the C7 in the case of 67 and C8 in the case of the 69 engineering numbers. FYI the 69 pcv will be black chromate and not silver like the C7 PCV. I have seen too many survivor cars without to think that the paper ring was installed from the factory. It was more a service part identification IMO.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

1967 eight barrel

^^^^^ Amen.  It's quite confusing when you lack good reference.  Some sellers have burnt many because of just this issue. It's why I deferred you to Bob on this one. My C7 valve has the ring. It was an NOS Autolite in the box. I didn't know if the ring belonged or not.
                                                                                          -Keith

Coralsnake

Jeff's advice is sound. You should be doing your own research and not taking the word of the seller

gt350hr

Assembly plants used the engineering numbers when assembling vehicles-engines-transmissions, etc. , not parts and service part numbers. Plastic rings would not be on assembly line parts. Many times there is a VERY distinct difference between an NOS service part and an assembly line part , other times they are the same.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

1967 eight barrel

Well, I have seen labels on parts on untouched cars.  However, I agree. Most are just the engineering numbers stamped in. One on a 19,000 coup A/C clutch over the weekend.
                                                         -Keith