News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Barn find

Started by tooeys, February 22, 2018, 01:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldMil

Once you buy it (and I know you will :)), I'll take those old hubcaps off your hands ;)   

FL SAAC

if you can please post some pictures of the car
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

tooeys

Now that you remind me the early GT 350's and the Hertz GT's were white.
Not a lot of history with a Mustangs myself. Mostly C1 and C2 Corvette's.
This belongs to an old friend and he called me on it.

Bigfoot

Hertz cars were almost never white.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bill Collins

Quote from: OldMil on February 23, 2018, 08:37:50 AM
Once you buy it (and I know you will :)), I'll take those old hubcaps off your hands ;)

To hell with the hub caps (wheel covers, actually) - I'll take the steel wheels!  ;D
Enthusiast since 1965, SAAC charter member since 1975 and Regional Rep since 1985, GT350 Owner since 1971, 289 Cobra owner 1979-2016, Ford GT owner 2006 - 2017

427heaven

It doesn't sound like your that interested in the car, good news is this is the right place for interest in the car and maybe you could get a finders fee for hooking a brother up! ;)

tooeys

Hi Guys,

Sorry I have been away from the site for awhile. The court hearing is the 28 th. of this month. The court will decide what to do with the car and all the rest.

Once that is done I will let you know more. I should be able to get some better pics. Will try to send some of what I have. It is a true barn find so it is not real accessible and the pics. I have reflect that.

Once this is settled I should be able to dig it out and getter barter ones.

Thanks for the advice and encouragement.

Regards,

Jack

tooeys

What E Mail address should I address the photos too?

JD

post them to this website and in this thread/topic.

When typing in the reply window notice the "Attachments and other options" line just below Click on the line and attach the images
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

tooeys

Hello Gentlemen,
It looks like I'm getting the KR. I got a much better look at the car. We dug it out and I started to inventory the NOS parts as well as survey what is missing that there are replacements for. Is there a parts supplier recommended for body or interior accessories. Someplace to start. Also a recommended manual for restoration.
I know I will need a correct Radiator
A Cobra emblem for one of the hubcaps
Thanks for all your help and encouragement.
Jack (tooeye)

FL SAAC

Quote from: tooeys on March 31, 2018, 03:34:28 PM
Hello Gentlemen,
It looks like I'm getting the KR. I got a much better look at the car. We dug it out and I started to inventory the NOS parts as well as survey what is missing that there are replacements for. Is there a parts supplier recommended for body or interior accessories. Someplace to start. Also a recommended manual for restoration.
I know I will need a correct Radiator
A Cobra emblem for one of the hubcaps
Thanks for all your help and encouragement.
Jack (tooeye)

Great news!
Happy Easter
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

BGlover67

Did I miss the pics?
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

tooeys

No I hope to have the pics up soon. Not to pretty at the moment but all there.

mark p

Congrats  8)
I'm sure that you'  find plenty of help on here!
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird