Author Topic: Barn find  (Read 17338 times)

cboss70

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Barn find
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2018, 01:06:31 PM »
Sounds like an interesting car. No allusive pictures still huh- I can understand why, most would want to let all the swamp water drain out of the interior, get the mud cleaned off before they assembled it with Craigslist parts for its first "as found" pictures ;) LOL. Obviously I'm just kidding, I had trouble with the old site so understand you pain. Coralsnake has a great site with info and is fun to read as you begin your journey into Shelby ownership. The research, history and then the rebuilding process is the fun stuff (and often more rewarding then the investment angle).

ITHERTZ

• View Profile
    • Custom Show Boards
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2018, 03:03:27 PM »
I hope you get the car - sounds like an amazing find with lots of desirable spare parts.  If you are thinking about making a buck and are really not into this for the long term you should consider selling it now before investing any money into it.  There are a handful of people on this sight who would be able to buy it from you and put some cash in your pocket.  It would be their dream car.   Good luck!

Troy

tooeys

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2018, 07:45:34 PM »
These are the photos.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 09:07:49 PM by tooeys »

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2018, 08:02:44 PM »
I hope you get the car - sounds like an amazing find with lots of desirable spare parts.  If you are thinking about making a buck and are really not into this for the long term you should consider selling it now before investing any money into it.  There are a handful of people on this sight who would be able to buy it from you and put some cash in your pocket.  It would be their dream car.   Good luck!

Troy

+ 1
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

tooeys

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2018, 08:22:23 PM »
We have tried multiple times to attach photos.  Have resized, used different browsers and every time it says file full.   No option to attach a drop box file.

tooeys

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2018, 08:28:17 PM »
What size do the photos need to be.  Nothing in the search section or posting that gives photo size and it will not upload photos.  Please send requested information or an email where a drop box link could be sent.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2018, 08:44:48 PM »
I get an error message.

"The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator."

What I expected to happen was to get a message that informed me that my picture was a .... size and it exceeds the maximum of ....

IF I get that information, I can then reduce the size of the picture in Windows picture viewer, save the file, then attach it again to my post.

So far with the new system it has been working. We are going to need Computerworks to look at this and tell us if it is just a glitch in the system or if the program memory for SAACforum.com has already reached it's maximum capacity.

He's the onlyone who would know? He Ron?  Guess what?  ;)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 08:49:38 PM by shelbydoug »
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

tooeys

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2018, 09:05:37 PM »
Hi Guys,

I have been trying for some time to get the photos posted with no success. I have put together a "Drop box" file with a good number of photos. I am no longer going to try to post on this Site. If you wish to see the photos of the 68 KR, I will sent them to any E mail site of your choosing.

Regards,
Jack (tooeys)

tooeys

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2018, 09:11:24 PM »
Dear Scott,

I agree with you completely.

Jack (tooeys)

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2018, 10:19:00 PM »
Host your pictures on a free hosting site like Imageshack, Imagur, Tinypic or google.

Each picture will have it's own address which you can paste into a post to have an instant large image.

Had to do the same thing on the old site.

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2018, 10:34:57 PM »
Trivia about the above '67 GT500 photo:

That's George Elliott, then-Editor of Popular Hot Rodding, with the "I'm just casually wrenching on the engine" pose typical of car mag writers the world over.

Years later (1982-87) he was my boss during my time at PHR.  (By then, he had become Executive VP/Publisher.)

George is an accomplished drag racer, motorcycle racer, tech writer, photographer, editor, former president of SEMA, and great all-around guy.  He's still in the car biz, today.   
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 11:20:41 PM by Side-Oilers »
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

Bigblock

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2018, 07:46:11 AM »
How many KR fastbacks are selling for $170-180,000?

WOW If KR fastbacks are selling for $180K  :o then mine might be available. I'll even throw in a gallon of Sherwin-Williams WT6066.

Hmm   $180K - $75K for a 427 Cougar = still a profit

tooeys

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2018, 08:52:33 AM »
    https://jackalexander.smugmug.com/Shelby-GT/n-XDz2Pr     Copy and paste this link in your browser.  Shelby GT 500 KR 1968

gt350cs

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2018, 09:46:48 AM »
Thanks for posting the pictures. Much appreciated. Have fun with your project.

cboss70

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2018, 10:19:24 AM »
If it were mine I would be tempted to NOT wash that exterior- looks awesome like that! Great project.