Author Topic: Barn find  (Read 17347 times)

OldMil

• View Profile
Re: Barn find
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2018, 10:49:42 AM »
Nice solid project, Jack.  I would say that the price you paid is close to it's present value given the condition.  Good luck with it!   Cheers, Jack

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2018, 10:18:54 PM »
Looks like a great place to start!Have fun with it..

tooeys

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2018, 12:03:17 PM »
Thanks for all the help guys. I am going to need a correct radiator for the car is anyone knows of one.
I presume they are Date coded?

Thanks,

Jack

gt350cs

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2018, 12:13:18 PM »
I'm sure you will find what you are looking for here on this site. Many devote there expertise freely, hoping to keep the bad guys from taking advantage. Good luck in your journey.

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2018, 12:23:10 PM »
    https://jackalexander.smugmug.com/Shelby-GT/n-XDz2Pr     Copy and paste this link in your browser.  Shelby GT 500 KR 1968
Wow nice set of Meats on that Corvette in the one pic. :)
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2018, 01:30:11 PM »

tooeys

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2018, 04:28:57 PM »
Just looked at recent Barrett Jackson auction in Scottsdale that (2) 68 KR fastbacks sold for over $200,000 ea. Exceptional cars true, but hopefully an indicator up some upward movement in values.

Jack (Tooeys)

Stubee

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2018, 08:28:37 PM »
If I was fortunate enough to find that car I wouldn’t care about the cost to bring it back to it’s full glory.

The folks you will meet will far outweigh the cost and exceed the “continuation car” examples by a car length at the finish line.

The 68 GT 500 KR is one of the most beautiful and sought after cars of all time. To have a white one is a holy grail car IMHO.

Pull up your sleeves, the guys here will help you out, so be very happy with your purchase.

Thanks for sharing.

Stubee

tooeys

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2018, 06:51:30 AM »
Thanks you. That is very encouraging.

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2018, 09:55:55 AM »
If I was fortunate enough to find that car I wouldn’t care about the cost to bring it back to it’s full glory.

The folks you will meet will far outweigh the cost and exceed the “continuation car” examples by a car length at the finish line.

The 68 GT 500 KR is one of the most beautiful and sought after cars of all time. To have a white one is a holy grail car IMHO.

Pull up your sleeves, the guys here will help you out, so be very happy with your purchase.

Thanks for sharing.

Stubee

+1  :)
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

tooeys

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2018, 06:38:12 PM »
Thank all of you so much. I will be definitely looking to all you great people that have replied to the news of my find to help me with your collective expertise.. The, hopefully, final court date is scheduled for this coming Friday. I spoke to the owner just a few minutes ago and we look to have everything wrapped up next week sometime if there is not another postponement..
I will keep you all posted.

Warm Regards,

Jack

tooeys

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2018, 12:18:17 PM »
I should be getting my white 68 KR soon. The cars original exterior appears to be with lower blue side stripes only. I have seen some 68's with two wide center stripes. Was that a later application? looks great but I'm afraid it is not original and will devalue if I add?

Thanks,

Jack

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2018, 12:49:18 PM »
The over the top stripes were not factory installed on any Shelby’s in 1968

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2018, 01:12:04 PM »
I should be getting my white 68 KR soon. The cars original exterior appears to be with lower blue side stripes only. I have seen some 68's with two wide center stripes. Was that a later application? looks great but I'm afraid it is not original and will devalue if I add?

Thanks,

Jack

I'd make the car your own.  If you want stripes go for it.  If you're looking to enter concours, then don't.  Put on some Torque Thrusts or other preferred rim and call it a day then enjoy.  If the paint is all original however, you might want to rethink the stripes idea and not put them on.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

tooeys

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2018, 10:18:39 AM »
Love the poem.
Not original paint
Might go for judging when done but am probably willing to take the points for the look.
Doubt it would change the value much.

Thanks for the reply.