Author Topic: the Pope says ; I could have had a C 8  (Read 7364 times)

Kent

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Open Apology - the Pope says ; I could have had a V8
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2019, 04:45:43 AM »
Really good words, I also like the new C8 very much, but you are right with your opinion and I always think the same. Will I keep this or that car or is it only a short romance?

Everything is a little exciting when it's something new. Buy one put it in your garage for 5 to 10 years and pull it out and we'll see what it's worth and how exciting it is. It will be just as boring looking as the rest of them. Very few cars can stand the test of time and that will not be one of them I'll guarantee you, and I'm a Corvette owner. It's going to be a nice car for the money for sure. Who can forget the 1984 when it came out, it was out of this world also. Now look at it. It damn sure didn't stand the test of time like the 63-67.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jetīs and some nice Mustang Fastbackīs 67/68

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2019, 06:53:46 AM »
100% agree, the mass production of these and many other new cars make them truly uncollectable. They do have a great base to further develop this platform. Having said that

We saw it live, its the real deal, a tremendous valueand at 60k for a base model, unbeatable ! 

We viewed  it as a beater, a daily driver not as a collectable something fun to drive and that is it....

Listen to this , it's pure F1

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CMerEZYwMnQ&feature=share

Really good words, I also like the new C8 very much, but you are right with your opinion and I always think the same. Will I keep this or that car or is it only a short romance?

Everything is a little exciting when it's something new. Buy one put it in your garage for 5 to 10 years and pull it out and we'll see what it's worth and how exciting it is. It will be just as boring looking as the rest of them. Very few cars can stand the test of time and that will not be one of them I'll guarantee you, and I'm a Corvette owner. It's going to be a nice car for the money for sure. Who can forget the 1984 when it came out, it was out of this world also. Now look at it. It damn sure didn't stand the test of time like the 63-67.
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2019, 07:12:01 AM »
So why has Corvette not released their times at the Nurburgring? Not that great? It's not the benchmark for halo types of cars, but it comes pretty close and builds sales!  Could it be the chassis flex (ne: deformation sufficient to break the rear glass) had reared it's ugly head... again? Or was it those rumored electrical issues?  If i were a buyer I'd wait on a purchase and let someone else experience the "teething" issues this car will have, after all the only mid engine car GM has ever built prior was the Fiero. Not a great car in it's day.
The expected weight distribution is expected to be 39/65, I would like to have seen something closer to 45/55 for optimal handling, especially in wet or off power quick transitions. We shall see, what we shall see with this new variation of the Corvette.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2019, 11:01:26 AM »

Great observations, really do not know if GM has a hotline you can contact to pose your inquiry.

Like we mentioned previously it will be at least two years before we make a commitment. In two years a lot can happen.

So why has Corvette not released their times at the Nurburgring? Not that great? It's not the benchmark for halo types of cars, but it comes pretty close and builds sales!  Could it be the chassis flex (ne: deformation sufficient to break the rear glass) had reared it's ugly head... again? Or was it those rumored electrical issues?  If i were a buyer I'd wait on a purchase and let someone else experience the "teething" issues this car will have, after all the only mid engine car GM has ever built prior was the Fiero. Not a great car in it's day.
The expected weight distribution is expected to be 39/65, I would like to have seen something closer to 45/55 for optimal handling, especially in wet or off power quick transitions. We shall see, what we shall see with this new variation of the Corvette.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2019, 08:50:37 AM »
Good morning CSX4133 good to hear you chime in. I agree with your assessment of the new C8, I to am not opposed to its arrival. Yes like all new vehicles it will have its growing pains. But we must agree that for the$59k msrp it's one heck of a ride.

https://www.torquenews.com/8047/3-big-automotive-magazines-have-reviewed-2020-c8-corvette-and-its-impressive

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2019, 12:29:09 PM »
We would like to apologize for saying that we would buy this atrocity for the M. S. R. P. of $59,995 that includes its  destination charges

Again...sorry....

Dang I hate it even more in black
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 03:08:25 PM by FL SAAC TONY »

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2019, 02:28:34 PM »
what is that, a kit car?  :o
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2019, 02:32:13 PM »
I hate to admit it but that's the most fun you can get automotive wise for 60k period.

mygt350

• Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2019, 02:39:35 PM »
Who makes it? Interesting..
Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2019, 02:48:13 PM »
Looks like an ACURA NSX... Whoops those are 100k more-  :-[

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2019, 04:14:07 PM »
Close, but no it Chevrolet's C8 or as we like to call it America's only true sports car....

what is that, a kit car?  :o
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 04:31:19 PM by FL SAAC TONY »

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2019, 04:15:09 PM »
You got that right !

I hate to admit it but that's the most fun you can get automotive wise for 60k period.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2019, 04:19:15 PM »
100k more and slower...

Looks like an ACURA NSX... Whoops those are 100k more-  :-[

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2019, 04:24:37 PM »
Chevrolet a division of GM but look at this new Corvette C8 is faster accelerating than these fancier and pricier cars. This supercar-beater rips to 60 in 2.8 seconds.

For only $59,995....

Who makes it? Interesting..

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2019, 04:30:38 PM »
Boy is this Ferrari,  Lamborghini looking car is so uneventfull, unappealing, slow vehicle...ugh !

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy