News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Security while traveling with your Shelby

Started by TedS, November 04, 2018, 07:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Chad

Quote from: Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas on November 04, 2018, 09:33:33 PM
Quote from: deathsled on November 04, 2018, 09:25:50 PM
I read somewhere that Kopec had signs on his trailer to the effect that he was hauling beef carcasses or the like. You could also add some bio hazard signs or even radioactive signs on the trailer as a deterrent in addition to any other methods you seem fit.

That is a great idea!!!

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

427heaven

A couple of years ago some of my BUDS were racing their car at a local track and caught a guy SLIPPIN in their race hauler. The perpetrator must have felt he needed some goodies out of their trailer more then my buddy needed them. What happened next was not a very good thing for this so called low life and probably wished he was dead because of what happened to him. The races concluded everyone drove off and the low life was still napping in the pits,  they got his I D so they know who he was not a word was said, so justice had been served. Similar things at all venues, you never know how unhappy someone might get when someone makes a wrong entrance into their trailer, or shop. I have seen many a trailer running the NOTHING IN THIS TRAILER IS WORTH YOUR LIFE sticker. I think most of us feel the same way, just how it is handled varies a bit.  >:(

shelbydoug

I had two guys in my driveway. It was around 11pm or so. One guy was sitting in a car with the engine running. The other guy was surprized that three of us came from different directions, the security lights were on and there were day night security cameras.

His remark was, don't shoot, I'm going. Actually that's fine with me. I'm always the one that gets stuck cleaning up the mess.

State Farm added crime scene cleanup to the Home Owners Policy do my agent told me don't even hesitate. As soon as the Police are finished with their investigation the team will be there to clean it up.

These two had just gotten out of Rikers. In three days they were responsible for 37 break ins and two stolen cars. I might have asked him, "have you ever heard a shotgun go off when it's pointed at you?" Of course the use of deadly force in defence of your home isn't the same thing as breaking into your trailer.

However, I do know that the NYPD was considering a Van the same as your dwelling. I'd need to verify whether that is still current.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Chris Thauberger

Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold