News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Fred Ballard

Started by BGlover67, October 21, 2019, 08:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

I just want to comment on how amazing it is that we have folks in this hobby who provide a service like he does.  I'm building up a 289 Hipo engine dated to late '66.  Where else would I begin to go to find a 4201S Fuel pump, never mind getting it restored?  I really hope there are new guys learning these skills so we don't lose services like these, but I fear there isn't.

Great guy to work with, but I'm sure all of you veterans already know that.   :)
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Shelby_r_b

You can't beat Flying Fred! Great guy for sure.
Nothing beats a classic!

greekz

Had numerous phone conversations with Fred over the last 15 plus years.  Great guy, excellent knowledge, and a straight shooter on parts and services.
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

Bob Gaines

Great guy .We are lucky to have him do his thing also. I don't know of anyone who does what he does.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

SBCARGUY

Done quite a bit of business with Fred... He is a straight shooter for sure!

Rickmustang

Ditto on Fred, but his knowledge and experience goes beyond hipos. Ask him about Boss 9s!
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT

Relicdog

I to have purchased many parts from
Fred, incredible knowledge an always
willing to help.

Relicdog

Great guy...patient, knowledgeable, passionate. 

jk66gt350

Just sent my 4201S to Fred today for restoration.  Can't wait to get it back given the stellar reputation he has. 

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Fred is great, send him the pump and the money and it comes back looking like new. Great person to deal with
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

kingchief

SFM 6S406

6s1802

A wonderful guy and he's only 5 miles from me.

Chad

I have dealt with him a lot and he is a great guy!!

mygt350

Gonna have to start referring to him as "Big Head Fred" instead of "Flying Fred"after all this. BTW, Fred did excellent job on my 3939S. Can't be a nicer guy who knows his stuff.
Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967

texas swede

Fred is a great guy to do business with. Traded pumps with him to get the correct date code.
Texas Swede