News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Fred Ballard

Started by BGlover67, October 21, 2019, 08:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is his contact information?

BGlover67

Fred Ballard
28916 Flowerpark Drive
Canyon Country, Ca. 91387-1801
661-251-2362
fredsclassics@hotmail.com
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

CharlesTurner

Just bought an NOS hi-po clutch setup, always very helpful.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

BGlover67

Wow, I just received a long email from Mr Ballard describing how he was mandatorily evacuated from his house out in California:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/50-000-ordered-evacuate-wildfire-spreads-north-los-angeles-n1071736

Please say a prayer for Fred and the other folks affected by this.  He's lived in his house for over 41 years, but this is the first time he really feared his house wouldn't be there.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Shelby_r_b

Oh MAN!  Prayers for he and his family. 
Nothing beats a classic!

mygt350

Praying Fred and his family are safe.
Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967

jk66gt350

Fred and I exchanged emails yesterday to confirm he received my fuel pump.  He was part of the mandatory evacuation last weekend and only got back into his house yesterday.  There were houses burnt as close as 3 blocks away from his.  The complete story he recounted was a lot longer and pretty incredible.  He is safe and very lucky !

Chad

C6ZZKGT

Thank you everyone for your concerns. Yes, everything has calmed down here now and being as all of the brush in my area has now burned, I feel safe that no fires can reach me again for at least a year. A good comparison of this fire is to a category one hurricane as we had 50 MPH winds plus wind gusts up to almost 80 MPH here. The difference here is that we replaced the rain of a hurricane with fire. The fire crews here with their DC10 aircraft with 11,600 gallon fire retardant drops, super scoopers airplanes carrying 1,600 gallons of water and numerous water dropping helicopters with a 1,000 gallon capacity do a tremendous job of quenching fires. Even with all of that they still lose homes and structures because mother nature is just much bigger than we are.

-Fred-