News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

68 KR 500 Convertible

Started by Steve Z, October 01, 2019, 07:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

427heaven

Coralsnake

I thought the car was very clean.

Pretty complete and it appeared the drivetrain was all matching numbers.

I think thats why it commanded a premium.

QuickSilverShelby

Is there any crow around here that I can chow down on  ;D

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Greg

Love the 68's verts and this one with a 4 speed and air is hard to beat, I'm just not a fan of blue cars.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Coralsnake

Let me also say, Chip, the new owner came with the intent of leaving with the car. He just went a little rouge during the bidding.

;D

Greg

Quote from: Coralsnake on October 25, 2019, 08:37:31 AM
Let me also say, Chip, the new owner came with the intent of leaving with the car. He just went a little rouge during the bidding.

;D

That is great, at least it will be cared for by someone that appreciates it!
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Rukiddin

Must have been more than one interested person/bidder to arrive at that price. I hope there was a LOT of bidders.

427heaven

Auctions are like racing..... NO one shows up to play games, the intentions are to go home with the prize. The ones that are not focused, go home with the little 6 inch plastic participation trophy. Or the long flight or drive home saying to themselves I coulda, shoulda ,woulda. The ones that are focused are usually the winners in life. Congratulations on grabbing the gold!  :)

Rukiddin

Well,around here the term "auction" is like "swap meet" to most. Attend only to try for some chance to "steal"an item.I do the same on Ebay,throwing in a lowball bid ,"just-in-case" ...free popcorn and a common interest brings most out. The only way ,I believe, to get serious bids is going with the best advertised ,on-line,auctions.
After dragging a lot of my treasures to swap meets only to deal with people that are not serious,I started listing/selling with local auction company with world wide web system. Drop it off.......they mail a check. GONE! Only good for large,popular items,not small detail itmes. Many ways to sell our collections........

427heaven

Rukiddin  Let me be the first to welcome you to this site where you will find a few- lets call it strong opinions. I want to adjust my statement that NO ONE goes to a race track or an auction to get last place or get the junkiest car at the auction. There are always SOME people that show up to a race and get lapped 15 times in a 20 minute race or show up to an auction just to say they were a part of something for the entertainment value. Nothing wrong with that but many scratch their heads and ask why would they be involved in something when they really have no business being there. A few years ago a good friend of mine came to the BIG BJ auctions for some entertainment value, hes not a car guy and all he kept saying this is like a circus and to some degree it is. We left for one of the smaller venues and he bought a 900 SAAB I think it was for 1700 dollars, I asked why did you do that he says I want to say I bought something at the big auctions. He sold it about 6 months later for 600 dollars a real P O S. when THE GOOD CARS START SHOWING UP ON THE BLOCK the people that would throw out a low bid just in case, generally don't show up. The people that are there know what they want usually you cant find another one like it, and they are going home with that very special prize. Just saw yesterday MECUM had an auction and the top three cars were SHELBYS. MOST OF US ON HERE JUST LOVE THOSE FACTS.