Author Topic: 1965 Shelby GT-350 advertising announcement card w/Tasca Ford Envelope and Card  (Read 2725 times)

Paulromano

• View Profile
Hello:

I have for sale on Ebay, an original announcement card for a Shelby GT-350 Mustang which is in it's original Tasca Ford envelope and accompanied by an original business card for Glenn Tiberiis of Tasca Ford.  The auction ends on October 25.

There is a link below.

Thank you.

Paul Romano

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Early-Shelby-GT-350-Announcement-Card-in-Tasca-Ford-Envelope-W-G-Tiberiis-Card/264503395688?hash=item3d95a18568:g:KMoAAOSwsy5dqkD3
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 09:32:49 AM by Paulromano »

honker

• View Profile
Thanks for posting ! interesting piece. I've not seen that image before, there are others from that photo shoot, I think some were

in a test of the GT350 in Car & Driver magazine back in the day.

Mike

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
There was a long thread about this post card and it's scarcity on the previous incarnation of the forum.  Unfortunately it looks like it's long gone.

Brian
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Paulromano

• View Profile
To update, a member of the SAAC Forum has pointed out to me that another of these advertising cards was sold on ebay in 2017.  That card had a final price of $2326.01.  That information comes from a website known as Worthpoint which tracks items that are sold in many categories.  The link to this report is:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/holy-grail-original-1965-shelby-1860023848

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile
Sold by national Shelby man and all around nice guy Vern!
6S373
6S1276

Vernon Estes

• View Profile

Very kind of you although im merely a blind squirrel occasionally stumbling on an acorn from time to time  :D

Vern
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile

Very kind of you although im merely a blind squirrel occasionally stumbling on an acorn from time to time  :D

Vern

Aren’t we all mate! Nice card, good luck
6S373
6S1276

Paulromano

• View Profile
Good Morning.  Though the auction for the Shelby card appeared to end at $1550.00, the winning bidder contacted me and asked to cancel the transaction as "her young son got a hold of her phone and pressed the button to transmit a bid".  I am planning to relist the card but before I do so, a Forum member suggested I offer the card to members of the Forum first.  Therefor, I am offering to sell this card for the sum of $1400 which reflects not having to pay the ebay final value fee.  If there is no interest, I will just relist it.  I will pay for shipping with insurance.

Thank you for looking.

Paul Romano

acman63

• View Profile
    • Shelby Parts and Restoration  since 1977
Super rare with the Tasca envelope.  The question you should ask this woman is why they made 8 bids on this over a period of 3 days.Maybe  dont leave your phone unlocked.   Dont think you can leave bad feedback anymore  so at least hit her with a non paying bidder mark
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
That sucks.  Sounds a lot like the old excuse “My dog ate my homework!”
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
What kid in today's day and age would even have interest in such an esoteric piece of memorabilia, let alone bid on it?

Unless by "kid" she meant "husband".   ::)

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
++++1. It’s really hard to believe the excuse, and it is what it is. Sorry!
Nothing beats a classic!

Paulromano

• View Profile
All good questions.  Appears there has been a change of heart.  Stay tuned.

Paulromano

• View Profile
SOLD--to a forum member.  Thanks to all.