News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Mecum Chicago

Started by Shelby_r_b, October 24, 2019, 04:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlesTurner

Wait, I thought prices were falling??   ::) ::)
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

TLea

Quote from: Shelby_r_b on October 24, 2019, 11:10:27 PM
I realize that the blue KR is rare, but I have to believe that the new owner is already under water, IMO.
Not really. Its an exclusive market if you want 4spd/ac vert. 57 total, IIRC 6 Acapulco blue. I believe I know where all 6 are (I've been involved in 4. Its a simple case of math. This was the last one that was not restored to a high level. Because of that I think he is about break even on the price

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: TLea on October 25, 2019, 07:11:07 AM
Quote from: Shelby_r_b on October 24, 2019, 11:10:27 PM
I realize that the blue KR is rare, but I have to believe that the new owner is already under water, IMO.
Not really. Its an exclusive market if you want 4spd/ac vert. 57 total, IIRC 6 Acapulco blue. I believe I know where all 6 are (I've been involved in 4. Its a simple case of math. This was the last one that was not restored to a high level. Because of that I think he is about break even on the price

Wow. Interesting. I appreciate the backdrop, and I had no idea. 👍🏻
Nothing beats a classic!

Special Ed

It all depends on a buyer looking for a car equipped with a certain color and 4-speed A/C 428 cj KR Shelby in a convertible knowing that this very desirable combo may never come for sale again. Years ago I inspected a  blue 68 Shelby KR 4-speed convertible that the FORD family bought and that's what they were looking for and it had to be FORD BLUE !!

Rukiddin

Maybe he had his first "romantic" experience in one like it  ;D

Or,maybe  figured NOW is the time.....
Can't say how many bad gambles I have made......
Survived so far...win a few....lose a few
A well advertised auction will bring in serious buyers.