Author Topic: Mecum Chicago  (Read 3966 times)

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Mecum Chicago
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2019, 12:13:18 AM »
Wait, I thought prices were falling??   ::) ::)
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2019, 07:11:07 AM »
I realize that the blue KR is rare, but I have to believe that the new owner is already under water, IMO.
Not really. Its an exclusive market if you want 4spd/ac vert. 57 total, IIRC 6 Acapulco blue. I believe I know where all 6 are (I've been involved in 4. Its a simple case of math. This was the last one that was not restored to a high level. Because of that I think he is about break even on the price

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2019, 08:08:53 AM »
I realize that the blue KR is rare, but I have to believe that the new owner is already under water, IMO.
Not really. Its an exclusive market if you want 4spd/ac vert. 57 total, IIRC 6 Acapulco blue. I believe I know where all 6 are (I've been involved in 4. Its a simple case of math. This was the last one that was not restored to a high level. Because of that I think he is about break even on the price

Wow. Interesting. I appreciate the backdrop, and I had no idea. 👍🏻
Nothing beats a classic!

Special Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2019, 09:24:55 AM »
It all depends on a buyer looking for a car equipped with a certain color and 4-speed A/C 428 cj KR Shelby in a convertible knowing that this very desirable combo may never come for sale again. Years ago I inspected a  blue 68 Shelby KR 4-speed convertible that the FORD family bought and that's what they were looking for and it had to be FORD BLUE !!

Rukiddin

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2019, 05:46:59 PM »
Maybe he had his first “romantic” experience in one like it  ;D

Or,maybe  figured NOW is the time.....
Can’t say how many bad gambles I have made......
Survived so far...win a few....lose a few
A well advertised auction will bring in serious buyers.