News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

65-67 Dual Quads

Started by mygt350, December 19, 2022, 01:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TA Coupe

It was a generalization with the way the engine was built. If it were my engine being tested to 8000rpm, how many people could relate to that? It would just be a dream engine to most people and not truly relatable to them. The engine in the article is probably a lot closer to what most people might try.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

shelbydoug

Quote from: TA Coupe on January 22, 2023, 12:07:51 AM
It was a generalization with the way the engine was built. If it were my engine being tested to 8000rpm, how many people could relate to that? It would just be a dream engine to most people and not truly relatable to them. The engine in the article is probably a lot closer to what most people might try.

Roy

I don't disagree. I am just pointing out that the intake manifold was made for racing and the benefits are not going to be seen with a 6000 rpm limit.

Back in the day, valve spring technology restricted even race engines to about 7000 rpm. 8000 plus is possible now but it is not clear at what point that became common.

Certainly that was seen with Fords determination of a 6,200 rpm limit for the 427's at Lemans in '66 and the decision to go with smaller valves on the "light weight 427" used.

Those thresholds may have begun to be crossed with the T/A Boss 302's but the spring technology certainly was not available yet on earlier race engines. Titanium valves seemed to appear around then as well. Not earlier.

By the same token, comparing race engine cylinder head flow capabilities on a 6000 rpm engine might render the same type of results or maybe even worse on an engine with not enough "cam".

Can a C60A intake be acceptable as a street intake? Absolutely but that was not what it was designed and built for.

As far as using it with an automatic, sure, but if we are going to sneak in better or more modern transmissions, I'd pick a 6R80. A six speed rather then a 3 speed, and change the rear gearing.

Heck. Let's test everything with a 250hp nitrous oxide system? That can be run (and is) on the street to?

Bottom line is believe what you want in that test but it is as big of a bogus test as ever was run. I call "shot gun".
68 GT350 Lives Matter!