News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Bullitt Suite

Started by deathsled, October 26, 2019, 12:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

Forgive me if you will, if I already posted this link before. Though I am classically trained on the piano Lalo Schifrin nails this score. It speaks to me every time I listen. He replicates the sounds of car horns magnificently in the Shifting Gears section that played on the follow before the chase. The trumpets sound like car horns from that era. The man is totally brilliant!
https://youtu.be/rUsdFzfLN5Q
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

kjspeed

Lalo Schifrin composed some of the coolest soundtracks in the 60's & 70's and I love his work! The bass line in Bullitt is what I usually use as a warm-up before playing. Very few people can identify where that riff originated, but when they do it's very cool! ~Kevin
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

deathsled

I'd like to hear you play it some time.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

kjspeed

It's quite repetitive and doesn't really stand out on it's own, but it works well setting a groove for other players to come in and jam with. Many times the other band members (guitar, sax, etc.) were unaware of the original Bullitt theme song and it was really interesting to see what kind of melody they would lay on top of that bass track. Just something to have fun with!
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt