News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

What is the status for revision of P.23 in the new 1966 Registry?

Started by NC TRACKRAT, October 29, 2019, 05:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NC TRACKRAT

It's been months since the release of the new 1966 Registry and not a peep from HQ about plans to correct this mistake.   I've suggested that the corrected page be posted so that each recipient can print out and insert their own copy...a speedy and cost effective solution...but, much to my chagrin, I've heard nothing.  What's the plan? Hello?! 
5S071, 6S1467

98SVT - was 06GT

What is the extent of the problem? Is it something one could just add a note to their own copy? Mine all have updates written in them.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

NC TRACKRAT

Page 23 is all screwed up.  Impossible to decipher the grid codes of any car. 
5S071, 6S1467

6S1568

Stan, Thanks for once again bringing this to everyone's attention. I too was very disappointed when I found the errors on page 23. Proof reading should have picked up the errors prior to release. Those folks who aren't as knowledgeable as we are, might just assume the information regarding color codes is correct. I think a correction is in order. I know my Hertz car was originally painted Raven Black, a color not even listed there. Gulfstream Aqua, Grabber Orange, Gray?     

6S1568

Ops, forgot to mention the poor quality of the binding on the book itself. I cringe each time I open it as I hear the binding coming loose.

NC TRACKRAT

While we wait, I suggest that those who have a copy of the 4th Edition 1965-1966-1967 Registery, go to page 278 and use that to decipher the grid.  I'd scan and post but don't want to be accused of misusing copyrighted material.  ::)
5S071, 6S1467

6T6/7

Interestingly, the font size in my copy changes (gets larger) beginning with page 343 and on.
'66 6S379, '67 GT350 #1661

J_Speegle

Quote from: 6T6/7 on October 30, 2019, 06:49:41 PM
Interestingly, the font size in my copy changes (gets larger) beginning with page 343 and on.

Well the group (overall) is aging    ::)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert