News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Let's post some CSX3000 pictures!

Started by 427 Cobra, January 20, 2018, 09:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

gt350shelb

propayne

Looks to be a 289 Cobra? Besides the snout and hood scoop it says "289 Ford Racing" on the side.

Also, there is a GT-E Cougar lurking behind it on the other side of the fence.

Any info on when and where this pic was taken?

- Phillip

President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

silverton_ford

Quote from: propayne on April 02, 2024, 10:08:03 AM
Looks to be a 289 Cobra? Besides the snout and hood scoop it says "289 Ford Racing" on the side.

Also, there is a GT-E Cougar lurking behind it on the other side of the fence.

Any info on when and where this pic was taken?

- Phillip

Good eye on the GTE!!

These were on Facebook.  - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1664188180497375

"May 11th 1968 Cumberland MD races held at the local airport"

The 289 car is CSX2260,   The 427 car is CSX3010

Coralsnake

propayne

I'm sure most know this - but just in case.... GT-E Cougars had unique grills - blacked out with twin horizontal chrome bars running across the middle.

I've sent this pic on to the GT-E Registrar.

- Phillip

President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

68countrysedan

Car spotting addendum

Once again, spotting background cars can be as interesting as the main image imho.

In reply 181 photo, just to the right of the dude in the red jacket is a Mk 1 Cortina with a black trunk lid. Guess some custom paint accents were added.

rhjanes

Quote from: 68countrysedan on April 02, 2024, 01:00:57 PM
Car spotting addendum

Once again, spotting background cars can be as interesting as the main image imho.

In reply 181 photo, just to the right of the dude in the red jacket is a Mk 1 Cortina with a black trunk lid. Guess some custom paint accents were added.
and to the right of the Cortina, a 2002 BMW?
Behind the lady looking at the camera and next to the red jacket, perhaps an MG?  Got a luggage rack and the suitcase is wrapped in plastic due to the rain. 

My uncle raced his Triumph from the late 1950's until perhaps the mid-1960's.   I always look at these photos and see if I can spot him or my aunt.  He's passed now, but 30 years ago he pulled out his photo's from way-back.  It had him and the Group-44 team and such....just hanging out before and after the races.  They also had a Volvo and between the Cobra and the people, is a Volvo.  Except I remember theirs was more grey. 
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

Side-Oilers

Nope, it's not Riverside.  Too green.  Hills are too small (although the density of big rocks is pretty close.)

Count the number of non-CA license plates. (Are there any CA plates?)

Oops, just read silverton_ford's post:  "May 11th 1968 Cumberland MD races held at the local airport"
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model