Author Topic: Vintage Racing Images  (Read 15177 times)

1109RWHP

• View Profile
Re: Vintage Racing Images
« Reply #120 on: April 28, 2020, 08:36:38 PM »
Speaking of Dan Gurney....

Here is one of his old Trans-Am rides kicking butt on the NASCAR Grand Touring (changed to Grand American in 1970) circuit.

Yes, this photo was shamefully pilfered from the internet, but it was so cool I had to share.

A client sent this to me for reference, I have recreated all of the decals for him to use on a tribute BME Grand Touring Cougar he has built.

That #16 on the roof is huge!

Back to this photo - it is Seiichi Suzuki at Daytona. For some reason there seem to be quite a few high quality photos taken of Suzuki and his Cougar at Daytona.

- Phillip

Does he have a build thread or pictures posted anywhere? I would love to see it.

honker

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2020, 09:37:14 AM »
I posted this in the random car pictures thread  earlier, thought it relevant here as well.

Paddock '68 Nurburgring 1000kms,  '67 or '68 Mustang behind also.   CSX ?

Mike
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 09:49:40 AM by honker »

propayne

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 09, 2020, 09:51:52 AM »
Speaking of Dan Gurney....

Here is one of his old Trans-Am rides kicking butt on the NASCAR Grand Touring (changed to Grand American in 1970) circuit.

Yes, this photo was shamefully pilfered from the internet, but it was so cool I had to share.

A client sent this to me for reference, I have recreated all of the decals for him to use on a tribute BME Grand Touring Cougar he has built.

That #16 on the roof is huge!

Back to this photo - it is Seiichi Suzuki at Daytona. For some reason there seem to be quite a few high quality photos taken of Suzuki and his Cougar at Daytona.

- Phillip

Does he have a build thread or pictures posted anywhere? I would love to see it.

No build thread that I know of. He has been sending me some progress pics. With his permission and when the Cougar is done I may start a dedicated thread here.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

kranky

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 09, 2020, 11:18:02 AM »
I posted this in the random car pictures thread  earlier, thought it relevant here as well.

Paddock '68 Nurburgring 1000kms,  '67 or '68 Mustang behind also.   CSX ?

Mike

It's COB6041.

honker

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 24, 2020, 03:17:40 PM »
I'm really late with this, but thanks to Richstang (post # 87) , I've corrected my error  :-[  ::) way back in post (#76 ) here, the

CSX of the Daytona in Japan is CSX 2300. Here's another pic of the car I found  ;)

Mike
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 03:19:55 PM by honker »