Author Topic: Vintage Racing Images  (Read 63939 times)

1109RWHP

• View Profile
Re: Vintage Racing Images
« Reply #120 on: April 28, 2020, 08:36:38 PM »
Speaking of Dan Gurney....

Here is one of his old Trans-Am rides kicking butt on the NASCAR Grand Touring (changed to Grand American in 1970) circuit.

Yes, this photo was shamefully pilfered from the internet, but it was so cool I had to share.

A client sent this to me for reference, I have recreated all of the decals for him to use on a tribute BME Grand Touring Cougar he has built.

That #16 on the roof is huge!

Back to this photo - it is Seiichi Suzuki at Daytona. For some reason there seem to be quite a few high quality photos taken of Suzuki and his Cougar at Daytona.

- Phillip

Does he have a build thread or pictures posted anywhere? I would love to see it.

honker

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2020, 09:37:14 AM »
I posted this in the random car pictures thread  earlier, thought it relevant here as well.

Paddock '68 Nurburgring 1000kms,  '67 or '68 Mustang behind also.   CSX ?

Mike
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 09:49:40 AM by honker »

propayne

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 09, 2020, 09:51:52 AM »
Speaking of Dan Gurney....

Here is one of his old Trans-Am rides kicking butt on the NASCAR Grand Touring (changed to Grand American in 1970) circuit.

Yes, this photo was shamefully pilfered from the internet, but it was so cool I had to share.

A client sent this to me for reference, I have recreated all of the decals for him to use on a tribute BME Grand Touring Cougar he has built.

That #16 on the roof is huge!

Back to this photo - it is Seiichi Suzuki at Daytona. For some reason there seem to be quite a few high quality photos taken of Suzuki and his Cougar at Daytona.

- Phillip

Does he have a build thread or pictures posted anywhere? I would love to see it.

No build thread that I know of. He has been sending me some progress pics. With his permission and when the Cougar is done I may start a dedicated thread here.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

kranky

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 09, 2020, 11:18:02 AM »
I posted this in the random car pictures thread  earlier, thought it relevant here as well.

Paddock '68 Nurburgring 1000kms,  '67 or '68 Mustang behind also.   CSX ?

Mike

It's COB6041.

honker

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 24, 2020, 03:17:40 PM »
I'm really late with this, but thanks to Richstang (post # 87) , I've corrected my error  :-[  ::) way back in post (#76 ) here, the

CSX of the Daytona in Japan is CSX 2300. Here's another pic of the car I found  ;)

Mike
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 03:19:55 PM by honker »

honker

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 14, 2020, 08:25:46 PM »
propayne, this is a replica, the info says it was built by Kendall Spears, that's all I know ?

Mike

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 14, 2020, 09:10:08 PM »
propayne, this is a replica, the info says it was built by Kendall Spears, that's all I know ?

Mike

I’m not a Cougar guy, and that car is awesome!
Nothing beats a classic!

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 14, 2020, 09:21:32 PM »
Scroll down to picture 5 found on this link, this '68 Mercury  (formerly owned by Marty Beaulieu)  is currently owned by Gary Moore and raced in Vintage races.

http://vintagemotorsport.com/2020/06/photos-day-one-svras-vintage-grand-prix-mid-ohio/

propayne

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 14, 2020, 09:57:30 PM »
Yes Mike, I provided the decals (except for some of the smaller sponsor decals that are readily available) for Kendall's recreation of the championship winning 1968 Bud Moore Engineering Grand Touring Cougar. I wanted to make sure Kendall unveiled it before I posted any picture of it. I'll post some more on this thread when I get the chance.

And I just heard that Gary Moore will be bringing his Cougar to this summer's Jefferson 500 vintage race. I've seen it at VIR, very very cool Cougar that I think was built by Cobra Automative?

Looking forward to watching it run again a Summit Point.

- Phillip

CSX2259

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 14, 2020, 11:00:06 PM »
Per the Allen Grant photo, George Lucas in the white jacket, not CS on the fender, not sure who else is in the photo but they may be related to Coventry Motors?

propayne

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 15, 2020, 07:29:16 AM »
Some more pictures of the NASCAR Grant Touring Cougar tribute built by Kendall Spears with decals by me (Pro Payne Graphics).

- Phillip

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 15, 2020, 12:57:00 PM »
Yes Mike, I provided the decals (except for some of the smaller sponsor decals that are readily available) for Kendall's recreation of the championship winning 1968 Bud Moore Engineering Grand Touring Cougar. I wanted to make sure Kendall unveiled it before I posted any picture of it. I'll post some more on this thread when I get the chance.

And I just heard that Gary Moore will be bringing his Cougar to this summer's Jefferson 500 vintage race. I've seen it at VIR, very very cool Cougar that I think was built by Cobra Automative?

Looking forward to watching it run again a Summit Point.

- Phillip

Phil, I am a maybe so far for Summit Point. Waiting to hear if my support team (Olthofff Racing) will be making the trek or not.

propayne

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 15, 2020, 02:16:51 PM »
I sure hope you can make it Steven, it would be great to see you and get some pictures of your Shelby!

Normally, I do the posters for the race. Tommy Kendall was set to be the Grand Marshal this year and the poster was all ready to go to the printer when the pandemic hit.

So no banquet this year (where they auction off one of the signed posters) and no poster  :(

But at least they are going to have the event and I think Tommy is on the hook for next year.

Hopefully I will see you there.

Since this is a "Vintage Racing Images" thread, below is what the poster would have looked like.

- Phillip

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 15, 2020, 02:17:03 PM »
You cannot beat the look of Hoosier tires.
Nothing beats a classic!

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 16, 2020, 08:50:01 PM »

Sadly Summit Point was cancelled due to the new Covid restrictions in WV. This sucks, now I wish I'd entered the Hawk at Road America instead.   >:(