News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Replica cars cottage industry.

Started by deathsled, November 02, 2019, 03:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

If the NHTSA follows the EPA and simply mandates that the safety features must equal modern day requirements, the party will be over before it gets started.

Cobra Ned

SEMA is mentioned in their story. They are the geniuses who demand that any replica automobile must be titled "as the car it most closely resembles." What a great concept. I'm going to insist that the DMV retitle my VW-powered Aztec-bodied shitbox as a 1964 Ford GT40! Is this a great country or what?

Don Johnston

Quote from: Cobra Ned on November 02, 2019, 05:32:17 PM
SEMA is mentioned in their story. They are the geniuses who demand that any replica automobile must be titled "as the car it most closely resembles." What a great concept. I'm going to insist that the DMV retitle my VW-powered Aztec-bodied shitbox as a 1964 Ford GT40! Is this a great country or what?
Will there be a special edition World registry for that? ;D

98SVT - was 06GT

I doubt we'll see many people lined up for a $200,000 Bronco when you can get a very nice restored original for under $50,000.
A mass produced resto mod isn't going to demand the same money as one that approaches Riddler quality from Kendig or Foose.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Greg

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on November 03, 2019, 01:29:21 AM
I doubt we'll see many people lined up for a $200,000 Bronco when you can get a very nice restored original for under $50,000.
A mass produced resto mod isn't going to demand the same money as one that approaches Riddler quality from Kendig or Foose.

I would have agreed with you a few months ago.  I am selling a 66 project bronco for $3500 and I had a visit from a guy that builds $180-$200K broncos and has a long waiting list.  Crazy I know but it's happening.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

deathsled

Automotive archeologists will look back upon this period and think...what were they thinking???  The frustration levels of future collectors will be unquantifiable.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"