Author Topic: Jay Leno reviews the 2020 GT 500  (Read 6769 times)

Tom Honegger

• View Profile
Re: Jay Leno reviews the 2020 GT 500
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2019, 07:57:39 AM »
Wow! Black on black, black wheels...that's...really...different.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2019, 08:05:34 AM »

great points on the buy one and show your allegiance,  but dont agree

you see we usually piss ford blue,  unfortunately ford or its agents, dealers have forsaken us.

with the huge ADMs that will be added to the gt 500 that should have sold in the 70/90k range, but will sell in the 100/150 range

then you have a selection process and lottery

with the exclusive GT the selection process gets more  involved and restrictive of your personal rights that we will not get into

our choice on vehicles this time around has been made for us an easy one....

quote author=kjspeed link=topic=8010.msg66930#msg66930 date=1572869535]
It's irrelevant to me how quick the new GT500 is because it is so freaking ugly! And I sure wouldn't want to own one when it came time to start fixing things. As Doug said, once the 3/36 warranty expires you're on your own and I would guess almost any repair will consume piles of cash. That is something I would expect if I owned a limited production supercar such as the Ford GT. Not for a Mustang.

But that's just my opinion. For those of you who love the car and the design - enjoy it! Buy one and show your allegiance.
[/quote]
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2019, 09:11:11 AM »
It's "Coyotte Ugly"! Maybe that's the point?

What I would say about the C8, is GM has decided to show up everyone starting with the price.

That's good for us all. Remember this thing called competition in the marketplace? I do.

In my reality, the C8 is more real to me. That Ford rep with Leno wants to give you this BS that Ford is friendly to the point of being all warm, fuzzy and cuddly. Not so there Bunky.

Ford is remodeling itself into the company for the elites. Screw the working people. That's peanuts.

The first indication of reality will be when you go to your "Mustang" dealer and see a $30,000, over sticker on that car and $5,000 for the extended warranty. Spare me the crap.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2019, 10:49:00 AM »
The '05/'06 FGT is extremely reliable and nearly always, very affordable to repair and maintain.

At least the murdered out look of all black hides the huge gaping maw of the grille opening.

Anyone buying one of these thinking of long term collectibility is nuts. 40 years from now buying fuel is going to become an extremely painful experience. Expect a buttload of shaming every time you fill up.

This is most likely the last ICE muscle/sport car Ford will build. If you want to have one, find a rural dealer that will sell you one without an ADM and pull the trigger.

kjspeed

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2019, 11:47:06 AM »
Proof that Ford has sold out: https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1121543_2021-ford-mach-e-what-we-know-about-300-mile-electric-suv

Not that they are developing an EV, but that they have the audacity to use the Mustang name on a $%#& SUV. Can't wait for the GT500 version of that.  ::)
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2019, 12:34:16 PM »
Proof that Ford has sold out: https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1121543_2021-ford-mach-e-what-we-know-about-300-mile-electric-suv

Not that they are developing an EV, but that they have the audacity to use the Mustang name on a $%#& SUV. Can't wait for the GT500 version of that.  ::)

You have a green Shelby don't you? Highland Green?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2019, 12:58:10 PM »
Good one. Highland green indeed.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2019, 02:31:20 PM »
I couldn’t agree more with others. The new Shelby GT500 is not attractive at all. And, the ADMs are ridiculous.

I know of a guy who put in for a new GT500. The dealer wouldn’t sell the allocation outright, so the dealership had “private bidding” - people would state how much they would pay over sticker. Well, this guy put in for $5K over MSRP and won. However, the dealership said it “wasn’t enough” and wouldn’t sell him the allocation.

So, he gave up on Ford (after having purchased numerous Ford work trucks over the years) and bought a Corvette instead.

#realtalk
Nothing beats a classic!

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2019, 03:15:56 PM »

......... awaiting the ADM estimates for the new Corvette.  ::)

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2019, 03:55:50 PM »
Corvette ADMs tend to be short-lived as production ramps up the market becomes saturated.

Ford Understood that the ADMs on the new FGT is a P.R. fiasco. I am surprised they don't see it with the new GT500's.

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2019, 03:57:26 PM »

......... awaiting the ADM estimates for the new Corvette.  ::)

All the places I’ve talked to are selling their Corvettes for MSRP. However, that’s not saying that ADMs aren’t out there, even in San Antonio.
Nothing beats a classic!

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2019, 04:06:06 PM »
+ 1 have heard this from several sources

I couldn’t agree more with others. The new Shelby GT500 is not attractive at all. And, the ADMs are ridiculous.

I know of a guy who put in for a new GT500. The dealer wouldn’t sell the allocation outright, so the dealership had “private bidding” - people would state how much they would pay over sticker. Well, this guy put in for $5K over MSRP and won. However, the dealership said it “wasn’t enough” and wouldn’t sell him the allocation.

So, he gave up on Ford (after having purchased numerous Ford work trucks over the years) and bought a Corvette instead.

#realtalk

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2019, 04:14:37 PM »
You will have some gm dealers attempt to raise the msrp. But as stated, so many will be built that those poor fools that want to hold out for their ADM will eventually have a stale and moldy product in their show room.

GM has already created and generated a lot of interest in their new product, so much so that it is sold out. Their ultimate and true purpose is market domination through maximizing their sales

Corvette ADMs tend to be short-lived as production ramps up the market becomes saturated.

Ford Understood that the ADMs on the new FGT is a P.R. fiasco. I am surprised they don't see it with the new GT500's.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 04:17:00 PM by FL SAAC TONY »

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2019, 04:23:23 PM »

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2019, 04:43:14 PM »