News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

You asked for it you got it, the Mustang E !

Started by FL SAAC, November 05, 2019, 04:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hotrod Hillbilly

Quote from: TedS on November 05, 2019, 07:31:40 PM
Two things..
1. Thank goodness the "E" doesn't stand for Eleanor !
2. How do you hot rod an electric car?

Ted
You add on some yellow Accel coils and capacitors??? LOL!

Jim Herrud

Perhaps I'm missing something. A transmission would still provide increased mechanical advantage providing more torque at the wheels in the lower gears regardless of the technology providing the force. If a gas motor could provide a flat torque curve across its RPM range, it would provide power like the electric motor. I think most would agree a transmission would make sense for the gas engine - why not the electric motor?

I have to admit this Mustang concept intrigued me. I wouldn't consider choosing a Tesla for myself as a performance toy even though it's incredibly fast, because I love playing with manual transmissions.

Recently, parts were becoming difficult to get for my '97 Corvette, so I started looking for a replacement. When I first heard about the GT500, I thought I'd found my next car until I heard there was no manual available. At that point, I opted for the GT350 in large part due to the transmission. The awesome sound from the VooDoo engine is a great bonus!
Shelby Buff.
I used to be a "Vintage Car" guy. Now I'm just a "Vintage" car guy.
"There's never enough horsepower - Just not enough traction." - C.S.
Straight Roads are for Fast Cars. Turns are for Fast Drivers.

tesgt350

Quote from: TedS on November 05, 2019, 07:31:40 PM
Two things..
1. Thank goodness the "E" doesn't stand for Eleanor !
2. How do you hot rod an electric car?

Ted

Simple, you just install one of the Batteries backwards. That will really make it burn    rubber.