News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Cool! Ultimate wall hanger 4 Mancave

Started by BGlover67, November 06, 2019, 01:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Shelby-Cobra-door/193184213143?hash=item2cfaad2897:g:icgAAOSwghZdqhNr

Not mine, but I love the no 6.

One of a kind original Shelby Cobra door.Its made of aluminum. I am NOT an expert on Cobras,so please do your own research.
Has the corresponding serial number stamped on the door hinge to a car that was severely damaged in a race.
CSX-30XX
The original car was rebuilt and is still in existance.
The door is mostly undamaged.
Serial number is visible in the picture of door hinge.
The original blue paint is poking through in spots.
I acquired this from the estate sale of a gentleman who was a painter and bodyman at Shelby.
The gentlemans name and the forum responses that verified it will be included with the sale.
This is a one of a kind,RARE collectible.
The ULTIMATE wall hanger for a Cobra fan.

Bid to $1000
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

silverton_ford

Yes, I tried to put the car owner and door owner together because I feel the car owner should own it.  Unfortunately it appears they were not able to come together on a price.  I don't know what transpired from their conversation.  I know they were having troubles connecting.....

The door owner acquired it from the estate of a body shop guy, Dennis Ercek.  That body shop guy worked on the car back when it was wrecked.

The door is for CSX3052.

This was recently on craiglist locally, that is how I found out about it.

honker

When I saw this I thought I remember that # on a Cobra photo I have in my files. I have it noted as Riverside late 60's, it jives with the info in my registry. Now I have an i.d. on that car. Jim McCashin owned it at the time of this incident, does any one know if he survived this, looks bad.

Mike

silverton_ford

Quote from: honker on November 06, 2019, 02:46:15 PM
When I saw this I thought I remember that # on a Cobra photo I have in my files. I have it noted as Riverside late 60's, it jives with the info in my registry. Now I have an i.d. on that car. Jim McCashin owned it at the time of this incident, does any one know if he survived this, looks bad.

Mike

I talked to Jim a couple weeks ago on the phone.

Side-Oilers

With the half-buried tires and the sandy runoff area, I'm guessing it happened in the esses.

Also, it appears that the style of the "6" is a bit different on the crashed Cobra pix. Note how the top of the 6 leans further forward.

Maybe the door made it back onto the car for a second crash?
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

TA Coupe

It looks like the door for sale was from the driver side and the one in the crash picture is the passenger side. The numbers were probably painted free hands so that could account for the different shapes of the sixes.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

Shelby_r_b

Wow.  This is pretty cool - seeing a piece like this and then being able to trace it back to the original car.

Thanks!
Nothing beats a classic!

98SVT - was 06GT

I have a RHD COB dashboard. A guy up the street converted it to LHD in the late 70s. Another trinket to dig out and sell.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Side-Oilers

Quote from: TA Coupe on November 06, 2019, 04:30:49 PM
It looks like the door for sale was from the driver side and the one in the crash picture is the passenger side. The numbers were probably painted free hands so that could account for the different shapes of the sixes.

Roy

Yes, makes sense. Low-tech race car painting in those days.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model