News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Veterans Day 2019

Started by FL SAAC, November 10, 2019, 06:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

To our men and women in uniform, past, present, and future, God bless you and thank you.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

Wishing everyone an outstanding veteran's day.

I have all UNGOLD cars

TOBKOB

Thank You to all who have served or are serving... :)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

Chris Thauberger

Lest we forget...

Remembrance Day (sometimes known informally as Poppy Day owing to the tradition of the remembrance poppy) is a memorial day observed in Commonwealth member states since the end of the First World War to remember the members of their armed forces who have died in the line of duty. Following a tradition inaugurated by King George V in 1919, the day is also marked by war remembrances in many non-Commonwealth countries. Remembrance Day is observed on 11 November in most countries to recall the end of hostilities of First World War on that date in 1918. Hostilities formally ended "at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month", in accordance with the armistice signed by representatives of Germany and the Entente between 5:12 and 5:20 that morning. ("At the 11th hour" refers to the passing of the 11th hour, or 11:00 am.) The First World War officially ended with the signing of the Treaty of Versailles on 28 June 1919.

The tradition of Remembrance Day evolved out of Armistice Day. The initial Armistice Day was observed at Buckingham Palace, commencing with King George V hosting a "Banquet in Honour of the President of the French Republic" during the evening hours of 10 November 1919. The first official Armistice Day was subsequently held on the grounds of Buckingham Palace the following morning. During the Second World War, many countries changed the name of the holiday. Member states of the Commonwealth of Nations adopted Remembrance Day, while the US chose Veterans Day.

Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

Rocket

Thank you all who have served, or are serving. All of you make it possible for us to do the things we love to do. Ron & Cheryl
Original owner of 6S550. Owned since 1967. 64,000 Miles, all body original except hood and front valance. All glass original except windshield. Still has aluminum 4 speed. Has replacement Mico.  Also own 1966 Mustang convertible. They are drivers, not trailer queens.

Side-Oilers

Respect and honor for all who are, and have, served. Thank you for keeping us safe.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

1967 eight barrel

It was an honor to serve this nation and her people.  Freedom has a heavy price.

CSX 4133

I'm blessed to still have my father, who at 94 served during WW2. He's still very active and just finished flying his restored WW2 Stinson L5-B observation plane from Washington state to the Palm Desert air museum in California solo. I hope I'm half as vital as he is today when/if I make it to 94.

TOBKOB

QuoteI'm blessed to still have my father, who at 94 served during WW2.

Sir, you are indeed BLESSED to still have your Dad. My Dad passed away in 1987 and he also was a WWII veteran having served all his 4 years in the south Pacific. To all of you who still have your Dad don't waste a single day if you can spend with it them. :)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970