News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Legendary 1965 GT350 for sale

Started by Greg, November 11, 2019, 05:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

acman63

SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

Greg

Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

mygt350

I thought underside of hood was painted white.
Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967

texas swede

Hi Martin,
I have seen both white and black painted port hole hoods. Don't know what criteria was used from SA.
Painted the hood on my car white during the restoration in the early 90's.
Texas Swede

CharlesTurner

Very nice Div 2 Gold car, judged it at SAAC-44
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

outlawincorporated

CHARLES, this was the second car we judged, correct??

regards

PHILL BERESFORD
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.

EdwardGT350

1966 GT350 6s1761

acman63

Quote from: mygt350 on November 11, 2019, 06:48:14 PM
I thought underside of hood was painted white.

First cars were white . first car that I can document for sure with black hood was 5S137    original paint  car
SAAC Concours Chairman

mygt350

Underside of my original paint port hole hood was white.
Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967

ITHERTZ

acman63

My thoughts on the underside of the hood.  I looked at the 5S114  pics  in the magazines and it was white and after they drove it in europe and elsewhere it looked like crap with oil, dirt etc.   I think they saw this and decided it looked bad in a marketing standpoint so they went to the black.  I had a white 66 and I painted it white and with a year it looked terrible so the hood came off and I painted it black.    Not sure Ive ever see any paperwork on the change
SAAC Concours Chairman

Brant

Underside of hood on 5S162 appeared to be originally black.
-Brant

www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com

Subscribe to our Blog for the latest updates restoration projects and new parts information for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs!  http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/

Like us on Facebook!  www.Facebook.com/VirginiaClassicMustang

Dan Case

5S142's hood was (as an original paint unrestored car decades ago) white underneath; which made repairs I made long ago more time consuming to blend in acceptably for appearance sake. (When I purchased the car, the right rear corner was completely missing top and underside all the way past the hinge mount. I suspect somebody drove off without putting the hood pins in. I molded sections to graft in to repair the original hood instead of replacing it.)
Dan Case
1964 Cobra owner since 1983, Cobra crazy since I saw my first one in the mid 1960s in Huntsville, AL.

Keith Litteken