Author Topic: Wings and Wheels, Hickory Regional Airport  (Read 2435 times)

FlyNavy

• View Profile
Wings and Wheels, Hickory Regional Airport
« on: November 13, 2019, 02:01:13 PM »
The City of Hickory NC is throwing it's first Fall Wings and Wheels event this Saturday, November 16, 10a-3p.  There will be a parking area for collector and classic cars and I think it's more of a cruise-in than a judged car show and there is no charge.  I will be bringing out #1609 for the day.  For eats, there will be food trucks and the airport café will also be open.  They are offering av-gas at a discount, so hopefully we'll get some interesting aircraft visiting, plus they are selling helicopter and airplane rides.  We will have the Hickory Aviation Museum fully open for the day and I will be giving tours of our mighty Lockheed   P-3C Orion Anti-Submarine Warfare aircraft, the only one in the country that is open for visitors to tour.  There are also 15 other aircraft on display.  Forecasted weather is supposed to be around 50 and sunny for the event.     

mark p

• SAAC Member
  • south NJ - Philly 'burbs
    • View Profile
Re: Wings and Wheels, Hickory Regional Airport
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 10:27:42 PM »
Wow - sounds great - hope you have a great day  8)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 10:11:32 AM »
Wow, went right by there last night around 7p on Hwy 321 coming back from Charlotte.  Would've made plans to visit if I'd known :-\

FlyNavy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 09:37:42 AM »
#1609 and P-3C Orion (Retired) #156515.  The aircraft was built in 1969 and was in service until 2017. 

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 11:13:15 AM »
Your car looks great with the wheels and tires you have on it.    8)