The Cars > 1991-93 SAAC Mk1, Mk2 Mustang

Johnny Lightning 1:64 SAAC MKI

(1/3) > >>

Richstang:
I've been thinning out my die-cast collection again and came across this. It's a rare find in the real world so I'm keeping it.
(unless you hunt on eBay, I don't)

Figured anyone looking in this section might like to know it's out there. It's the only miniature I've ever seen of a SAAC Mustang.

69mach351w:
I know what it is, but where does it say on the packaging what it is?  I don't see it anywhere unless its on the blue area that can't be seen.  Or may be on the small writing on the magazine front?

I'd like to see if I can find one to add to my huge collection ;D

Richstang:

--- Quote from: 69mach351w on November 17, 2019, 07:53:59 AM ---I know what it is, but where does it say on the packaging what it is?  I don't see it anywhere unless its on the blue area that can't be seen.  Or may be on the small writing on the magazine front?

I'd like to see if I can find one to add to my huge collection ;D

--- End quote ---

That side blue area only reads "1992 Ford Mustang GT". They probably didn't get licensing approval from the 'SAAC Car Company', just from Ford on the die-cast model.
The Motor Trend January 1992 issue they have shows the 1992 SAAC MKI XX2 prototype on the cover.

We did that at Matchbox in a few rare cases as well. Notice the black and gold and the white and gold Mustangs in the case behind it, to the left.
Those two pre-production models never made it into production back in 2004.

69mach351w:
Hmmm....

This is what I'm seeing as Jan 92 Motor Trend.

69mach351w:
Rich,  I'm thinking now that the issue is a subscription front cover vs, newsstand.  Cause I looked all through 91 and 92 MT on ebay and didn't see the mag like on the front of the JL diecast of the SAAC Mustang.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version