Author Topic: Ford v Ferrari  (Read 9435 times)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ford v Ferrari
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2019, 02:45:04 PM »
+ 1
we would like to award Mr. Johnston for his recognition of what an exemplary motion picture is v.s. what that other flick was...

Don please come up and recieve this award on behalf of the true Shelby Aficionados in the world...this one is for you !

Maybe this will stop and replace all the fascinanation with that movie about a leaping modified silver Mustang called Eleanor (second movie) and inspire the uninformed to learn about the history of CS and his real cars and employees. 8)
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2019, 03:04:07 PM »

Short article from Carroll's grandson's perspective on the movie, plus a short video of the family car collection.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/carroll-shelby-story-hits-screen/287-cb938ae5-427e-40a2-9bd8-8ede9f2b9469

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2019, 05:10:43 PM »
My family, 3 daughters and my wife, has pre purchased tickets for a 7:00 showing at the BTX theater in the Annapolis Mall for tonight.  My 2 older daughters are coming in from out of town for the event.  They say they just want to watch me watch the movie.  Either way it is going to be a great family affair.
Show them the location of the defibrillator to zap, you back when a Cobra or GT40 gets wrecked
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2019, 05:37:34 PM »
+ 1
we would like to award Mr. Johnston for his recognition of what an exemplary motion picture is v.s. what that other flick was...

Don please come up and recieve this award on behalf of the true Shelby Aficionados in the world...this one is for you !

Maybe this will stop and replace all the fascinanation with that movie about a leaping modified silver Mustang called Eleanor (second movie) and inspire the uninformed to learn about the history of CS and his real cars and employees. 8)

Bring it to me at SAAC at Indy and don't let the chocolate in it melt.  Thank you. 8)

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2019, 07:38:15 AM »
Seen it last night....

AAA+++.

A Man and Woman seen my Cobra shirt last night and ask me a few questions.  I schooled them on what I know and learned from here and then they had a better perspective of who Shelby and Miles were and what HFII was wanting to accomplish ;D

The Gentleman actually said he was coming back and watching it again in the next few days.   

The couple pulled away in a 500 series BMW ;D

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2019, 07:58:22 AM »
Seen it last night....

AAA+++.

A Man and Woman seen my Cobra shirt last night and ask me a few questions.  I schooled them on what I know and learned from here and then they had a better perspective of who Shelby and Miles were and what HFII was wanting to accomplish ;D

The Gentleman actually said he was coming back and watching it again in the next few days.   

The couple pulled away in a 500 series BMW ;D

If you consider owning a "Shelby" as owning "stock", don't "cash it in" yet. It's going to rise in value considerably.

Not only was CS himself a visionary but owners of his cars really are as well.

This film will help others who are less observant understand what also was right in front of their noses all the time?

There was a '60s car commercial that I remember. I think in that case it was for a 442. There was a guy sitting along the roadside as the car whizzed by. His comment was, "buy it or watch it go buy". Very prophetic if you ask me?

It is the nature of people in general to "not know the value of something until it is gone". "They torn down Paradise and put up a parking lot".

Prophets are usually laughed at by society although in all fairness, Charles Dickens gave large credit to the Bass Ale. ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2019, 07:59:39 AM »
If you consider owning a "Shelby" as owning "stock", don't "cash it in" yet. It's going to rise in value considerably.

Just like when he passed?   ;)

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2019, 08:03:20 AM »

Just like when he passed?   ;)

This film didn't exist then. Look what "Gone in 60 seconds" did for the 'Elanor'.

General knowledge of the public contributes a lot. Let's put it this way, people won't be dumping Shelby's as a result of this film?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

67_1183

• SAAC Member
  • Southern Oregon - SAAC Member since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2019, 05:17:15 PM »
Ford V Ferrari races to top of box office

Ford V Ferrari skidded into pole position with $31 million at the weekend box office, way ahead of expectations and its nearest rival, Midway, with $8.75 million.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7695565/Ford-V-Ferrari-races-31m-Charlies-Angels-hits-8-6m-B-O.html

2nd owner of 67 GT500 #1183 since September 1976

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2019, 12:38:03 PM »
The whole family took me to the movie Friday night.  We all loved it!

KR500

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2019, 02:25:38 PM »
The Wife and I saw it Saturday evening. We had a good time and we both liked it. Literately this was the first time I have seen a movie in a theater this century.
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

KR Convertible

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2019, 02:39:05 PM »
The Wife and I saw it Saturday evening. We had a good time and we both liked it. Literately this was the first time I have seen a movie in a theater this century.

I could say that, too.  As long as you don't count animated movies.  I took my kids to see one of the "Toy Story" movies about a dozen years ago.  Before that it was probably the 80s.

6s1139

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2019, 07:19:06 PM »
Same - enjoyed it (big screen) and this weekend we will do the "drive in" with the cars

Probably mentioned already, but the Netflix doco "24 Hour War" is worth watching - covers a little bit before/after the movie and some great interviews with some living (and sadly, some passed) greats

sd427

• SAAC Member
  • Member LA SAAC
    • View Profile
    • Motorcycle club
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2019, 08:49:59 PM »

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2019, 09:34:36 PM »
Now this makes my day knowing there was was some repect for the era:
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a29688754/christian-bale-ford-v-ferrari-racing-school/

8)