News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Ford v Ferrari

Started by Coralsnake, November 14, 2019, 11:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSX 4133

Another thorough article from back in the day regarding the Ford development of the GT40.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports/a29798198/ford-gt40-mk-ii-le-mans-analysis/

Shelby_r_b

Nothing beats a classic!

csheff

CSX 4133

FL SAAC

Quote from: Don Johnston on November 18, 2019, 09:34:36 PM
Now this makes my day knowing there was was some repect for the era:
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a29688754/christian-bale-ford-v-ferrari-racing-school/

8)

Ford v Ferrari has been accepted very well world wide,  S / C America, Europe,  Asia

In speaking to our Italian friends that love all that is American (and that's almost most of the world ) they adore Mustang's, Cobra's, Shelby's and all Americana
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

68stangcjfb

It would have been cool if they filmed a scene with Carroll Shelby and Bill Cosby with Shelby scaring the crap out of him in the second Super Snake but considering Bill Cosby's present home in jail, that clearly was never an option.
68 1/2 CJ Mustang GT FB auto 3.91s 68 1/2 CJ Torino GT FB 3.91s 60 Thunderbird 64 Falcon Sprint conv. 4Spd 65 Falcon Sedan Delivery 67 Fairlane 500 SW 428 4Spd, 68 Torino 4dr 95 Thunderbird SC. 89 F250 Supercab 2wd, 98 Mustang conv. 99 Jeep Cherokee 2002 Thunderbird. 96 Harley FLSTN Heritage Special

FL SAAC

this just in the artist formally know as Bill "Pudding" Cosby has changed his name to Pill Cosby. News at 11

Carry on with F v F

Quote from: 68stangcjfb on November 26, 2019, 06:54:57 PM
It would have been cool if they filmed a scene with Carroll Shelby and Bill Cosby with Shelby scaring the crap out of him in the second Super Snake but considering Bill Cosby's present home in jail, that clearly was never an option.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Mikelj5S230

Formerly known as CorvetteMike.

68stangcjfb

I was thinking Josh Brolin for the role as Carroll Shelby. He even kind of looks like him.
68 1/2 CJ Mustang GT FB auto 3.91s 68 1/2 CJ Torino GT FB 3.91s 60 Thunderbird 64 Falcon Sprint conv. 4Spd 65 Falcon Sedan Delivery 67 Fairlane 500 SW 428 4Spd, 68 Torino 4dr 95 Thunderbird SC. 89 F250 Supercab 2wd, 98 Mustang conv. 99 Jeep Cherokee 2002 Thunderbird. 96 Harley FLSTN Heritage Special

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

Mikelj5S230

Quote from: 68stangcjfb on November 27, 2019, 10:34:56 AM
I was thinking Josh Brolin for the role as Carroll Shelby. He even kind of looks like him.

I still like a tall, real Texan with curly hair.....

Don Johnston

Shoulda, coulda, didn't, movie done, enjoyed it anyway. 8)

Mikelj5S230

I can't wait to see it,  and sure it is well done, I will just have to suspend disbelief at Damon as CS.

Side-Oilers

Saw the movie tonight, for a second time. Went with my buddy and our wives.  The ladies liked it, and weren't bored anywhere.

The errors in background details (the modern K&N type air filters on the Webers, the electric choke carb on the 427 dyno engine., the radial tires on many of the background cars, Iacocca arriving in a '58 or '59 T-Bird at S-A in 1964) plus the speedometer in the race car, the unimaginable braking G's going from 200 to 50 mph in about two seconds, actor Jon Bernthal looking and sounding nothing like Iacocca, Damon's poor Texas accent, the goofy fight between Shelby and Miles, and a few other things, I still enjoyed it immensely.

The ladies with us only wished that, at the end, they showed more actual Shelby and Miles photographs. The producers had plenty of time in the credits to do so, and that would've given more realism to the entire story.

My wife said: Now, THAT's Carroll Shelby!
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

FL SAAC

the wives were very entertained also, but they said that the movie should have been named the MILEs story

Quote from: Side-Oilers on November 28, 2019, 12:48:24 AM
Saw the movie tonight, for a second time. Went with my buddy and our wives.  The ladies liked it, and weren't bored anywhere.

The errors in background details (the modern K&N type air filters on the Webers, the electric choke carb on the 427 dyno engine., the radial tires on many of the background cars, Iacocca arriving in a '58 or '59 T-Bird at S-A in 1964) plus the speedometer in the race car, the unimaginable braking G's going from 200 to 50 mph in about two seconds, actor Jon Bernthal looking and sounding nothing like Iacocca, Damon's poor Texas accent, the goofy fight between Shelby and Miles, and a few other things, I still enjoyed it immensely.

The ladies with us only wished that, at the end, they showed more actual Shelby and Miles photographs. The producers had plenty of time in the credits to do so, and that would've given more realism to the entire story.

My wife said: Now, THAT's Carroll Shelby!

I have all UNGOLD cars