Author Topic: Fords new EV crossover Mustang Mach E  (Read 16372 times)

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Fords new EV crossover Mustang Mach E
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2020, 03:29:37 PM »
Uhmm...when we bought our home in FL we calculated the rising oceans and estimated our life expectancy.  If we get this right we are going to bank roll our property before we check out it should be ocean front.

On another note you are wrong on the batteries a Tesla takes...its 8001 double A batteries...
Brand marketing is a big thing. Those people in the business get paid very big bucks to make the association work.

There are always going to be people who want what they think is an intelligent alternative to the otherwise status quo.

I don't have issues with that, but I don't like being force fed an item by marketers convincing me that an SUV is a Mustang.

All electric vehicles don't need to be a sterile anti-everything lump of plastic like a Prius. That is just a really bad attempt at a different alternative. It definitely appeals to the Aliens living among us. It's a crappy, sterile design.

If that's what you are into, maybe you should buy some of that breakfast cerial made from recycled plastics? That's really rad. Of course if so, if you have any friends, you should listen to them when they ask you why you are such a dipshit? They're right?

Tesla/Monk, being the radical revolutionary that he is, has a somewhat different approach. His efforts haven't gone unnoticed but in committing to a non-petrolium alternative vehicle he hasn't solved the issue of removing his carbon footprint.

In fact, he has just transferred it to another energy delivery device. The energy to charge the batteries has to come from somewhere and it isn't coming from windmills?

What struck me as a somewhat unsolved issue with Tesla's is simply what do you do with the 8,000 AA rechargeable batteries in 8 years when their life is depleted?

It has suggestions to me that maybe the thinking by Tesla is just to push the answer 8 years down the road and stick someone else with the problem of a totally useless and unrepairable vehicle?

Some of these issues like fossil fuels really don't ever have a solution. They will eventually just have an agreement everyone can accept at merely a majority opinion of 50% + 1, and that leaves a lot of other folks unhappy like with a minority President does.

It's true that my "special cars" aren't particularly green. At a useage level of a 50 year old car with 22,000 miles on it, I'll bet that the carbon footprint it leaves is a lot less then the jet exhaust of one flight from Newark to O'hare?

If there is ever a solution to the carbon problem, it isn't going to be in my lifetime. The sea levels during the ice height of the Ice Age were 80 to 100 feet lower then right now.
As the ice caps melt, there are going to be a lot of folks under water in what was formally Florida, but heck, I was always a mountain type of guy anyway? Works for me?

If you live in Florida, you already have a boat anyway, right? 8)

Highly intelligent and intuitive. You can't buy Nevada desert and wait for the big earthquake that slides California under the sea. Maybe my grand kids can benefit from that?

I hope it all doesn't change the shape of the sea bed and ruin the surfing?

It's too bad. The Florida keys are nice.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2020, 03:40:29 PM »
Yes the keys are nice, though lots of changes in housing and commercially. Its not the old quaint villages that they were once

? 8)

Highly intelligent and intuitive. You can't buy Nevada desert and wait for the big earthquake that slides California under the sea. Maybe my grand kids can benefit from that?

I hope it all doesn't change the shape of the sea bed and ruin the surfing?

It's too bad. The Florida keys are nice.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 03:44:02 PM by FL SAAC TONY »
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2020, 04:04:39 PM »
I expect the Mach E to be a strong seller here.  Electrics are always being pushed with free airport parking (30 days), free meter parking,  tax credits and other incentives.  However they still only comprise less than one percent of vehicle registrations.  It is expected to rise with greater selection, including SUV and trucks.  Problem is lack one sufficient number of charging stations, especially in high rise condos and businesses.  Then there is the rental car market where no visitor wants to worry about finding a charging station and time to leave the car. 

Latest political concern is lack of gas tax revenue from e-cars so considering a mileage charge added to annual registration.  Oh, yeah, and one junior local politician also wanted only electric vehicles to be sold as new cars after 2030.  Dealers and public not amused.  But do come visit Waikiki soon as the sea level rise is making the beach inches smaller each year. 8)

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2020, 07:59:50 PM »
I expect the Mach E to be a strong seller here.  Electrics are always being pushed with free airport parking (30 days), free meter parking,  tax credits and other incentives.  However they still only comprise less than one percent of vehicle registrations.  It is expected to rise with greater selection, including SUV and trucks.  Problem is lack one sufficient number of charging stations, especially in high rise condos and businesses.  Then there is the rental car market where no visitor wants to worry about finding a charging station and time to leave the car. 

Latest political concern is lack of gas tax revenue from e-cars so considering a mileage charge added to annual registration.  Oh, yeah, and one junior local politician also wanted only electric vehicles to be sold as new cars after 2030.  Dealers and public not amused.  But do come visit Waikiki soon as the sea level rise is making the beach inches smaller each year. 8)

How is electricity generated there?

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2020, 09:44:21 PM »
Mostly oil, which has to be shipped here.  About 30 percent now is renewable; wind, solar, waste to energy (on Oahu/Honolulu garbage is burned to generate steam power), a little hydo. and soon to be back on line after the volcanic eruption, geothermal. But we have double the national average for electricity at about 32 cents/kwh.  Goal is for all power generation to be at 100 percent by 2045.  Lofty goal, but getting there.  But until they ind a way for aircraft to fly on bio fuel, the refineries will remain. 

shelbyhertz66

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2020, 10:25:30 AM »
I suppose there will eventually be a Shelby version
to include lower side scoops for better battery cooling