Author Topic: Fords new EV crossover Mustang Mach E  (Read 16370 times)

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Fords new EV crossover Mustang Mach E
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2019, 07:53:22 AM »

At least the Mustang-II of the mid 70s was still a pony car. How can they claim this sedan/SUV is a pony car?

I've been a Ford guy all my life, but this will make me give the other brands a shot at my loyalty.

Steve

A new combination of 'Elanor Woods speed reading' and the current atmosphere of alternate facts/reality?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2019, 08:27:24 AM »
Guys, stop with all the hate and threats that you are going to leave the brand, surely none of you are that shallow in your loyalty.

Listen, I don't like the fact that they used the Mustang name either, BUT... it is their name to use and they are proud of it.  Ford also has a responsibility to try and stay relevant in the "go green, how dare you take my childhood world" because if they don't, some Japanesse, Korean or Chinese company will own it or you and I the taxpayer will have to bail them out.  If you are an EX Ford employee you should be thankful they are trying so they can continue retiree benefits.

How about lets support them in their efforts to stay ahead or at least with the rest of the herd and understand that maybe, just maybe they won't get everything right, but at least they are trying. 

I for one will bleed Ford blue until I'm no longer present in the body. 
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 02:01:19 PM by Greg »
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2019, 01:44:34 PM »
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2019, 02:08:53 PM »

To everyone whining about the Mach E:

Ford finally has a Tesla competitor that fills a market gap in Tesla's lineup and undercuts their pricing model as well, it makes 460hp and 612ft/lb, and the "mustang" name is designed to sell. People need to realize that Ford, amongst other large corps, don't care about you; they care about numbers. People today want EVs and crossovers, and to the average consumer a fast EV crossover called a mustang is what they want. Realize that the market involves more than just enthusiasts. This thing's gonna sell and that's what matters to Ford, whether you like it or not.

By the way I have no interest in this vehicle nor do we intend on purchasing one but this is reality.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2019, 02:16:54 PM »

To everyone whining about the Mach E:

Ford finally has a Tesla competitor that fills a market gap in Tesla's lineup and undercuts their pricing model as well, it makes 460hp and 612ft/lb, and the "mustang" name is designed to sell. People need to realize that Ford, amongst other large corps, don't care about you; they care about numbers. People today want EVs and crossovers, and to the average consumer a fast EV crossover called a mustang is what they want. Realize that the market involves more than just enthusiasts. This thing's gonna sell and that's what matters to Ford, whether you like it or not.

By the way I have no interest in this vehicle nor do we intend on purchasing one but this is reality.

OH NO! They got you too? I suppose this is war and there will be casualties? Sorry to have lost you to the Dark Side!
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2019, 04:35:47 PM »
Ya didn't read all the fine print,  especially on the very bottom.

"By the way I have no interest in this vehicle nor do we intend on purchasing one but this is reality."

:)

OH NO! They got you too? I suppose this is war and there will be casualties? Sorry to have lost you to the Dark Side!

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

ITHERTZ

• View Profile
    • Custom Show Boards
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2019, 05:13:46 PM »
Ford is calling this a Mustang, because they know we will hate them using this name and blow up the internet with this new car of theirs.  Easy, free publicity.  Now everybody knows Ford is building an electric car to compete with Tesla.  That would not happen by calling it a Freestar.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 06:09:46 PM by ITHERTZ »

csxsfm

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2019, 05:28:48 PM »
Nameplate Deja vu - 1958 Thunderbird or LeBaron mania at Chrysler.  LOL

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2019, 05:29:24 PM »

"By the way I have no interest in this vehicle nor do we intend on purchasing one but this is reality."

Oh I read it but after reading,

"Realize that the market involves more than just enthusiasts. This thing's gonna sell and that's what matters to Ford, whether you like it or not. "

It reads as what a Bot would post in support of Corporate position. That certainly is your prerogative but to me it makes you "disqualifying" in my view. What other Corporate crap are you going to spill all over us here now?

We all are quite capable of making our own decisions and don't need a lecture from you or for that matter, anyone else. As we say in the south "bless your heart Darlin'".  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2019, 05:48:33 PM »
we can tell you had a BAD DAY at work...here's your trophy  !

feel better !

"Realize that the market involves more than just enthusiasts. This thing's gonna sell and that's what matters to Ford, whether you like it or not. "

It reads as what a Bot would post in support of Corporate position. That certainly is your prerogative but to me it makes you "disqualifying" in my view. What other Corporate crap are you going to spill all over us here now?

We all are quite capable of making our own decisions and don't need a lecture from you or for that matter, anyone else. As we say in the south "bless your heart Darlin'".  ;)

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

kjspeed

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2019, 06:21:52 PM »
Not much demand for EV's today, we'll see what the future holds. The automakers seem to be putting ALL of their eggs in that basket.

I personally think it's BS. A big, steaming pile of BS. EV's have to get their power from somewhere (mainly coal plants right now). This whole EV thing is a ruse as far as "sustainable energy" goes. I'm going to refuse to hop on that crazy train until I have no choice.

(Maybe I can get a pretty trophy from Tony too????)

People today want EVs and crossovers

1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2019, 07:37:32 PM »
we can tell you had a BAD DAY at work...here's your trophy  !

feel better !

Bite me Tony. Listen Slick. Wasn't there previous discussion about you causing crap here and there was discussion with the moderator and you promised to curb your ways?

It isn't me who is having a bad day. You apparently are off of your meds again.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2019, 09:04:34 PM »
When the debate is lost, slander and insults becomes the tool of the loser.

Bite me Tony. Listen Slick. Wasn't there previous discussion about you causing crap here and there was discussion with the moderator and you promised to curb your ways?

It isn't me who is having a bad day. You apparently are off of your meds again.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2019, 09:27:59 PM »
Back to topic.  I notice that some prototypes show no front grill (red car), like the Tesla front.  Others, like the blue model have a false grill.  I wonder what the option cost will be for it?

Now, if they start putting stripes over the top or on the lower side panels, there could be rioting.  8)

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2019, 09:57:08 PM »
Does Mach E refer to Edsel?   ::)