Author Topic: Autographed 66 Owners Manual 2nd Printing?  (Read 5710 times)

SHELB66

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Autographed 66 Owners Manual 2nd Printing?
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2019, 11:26:32 AM »
Here is another version of a 2nd Printing owner's manual.

Craig R.
66 Hertz 6S1564
06 Hertz #446
64 Ranchero V8 4spd
02 Explorer Sport Trac

greekz

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2019, 12:31:48 PM »
Picture #2 in the below thread should help to show the 2nd printing open punch holes.  Sorry for the small picture but one can see the single punch hole in the upper left area where the word "optional" is found.  Then notice the 2 open punch holes on the bottom (one on each side of the seam).

https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=3980.0

Craig R.

I have attached pictures of two manuals I have.  The left has no hole punches and the cover is lighter.  The right has a hole where the words "one inch" are located and no hole in the tire and the cover is darker.  A hole where (optional) and part of "seat" below it.  It also looks like the word (optional) was filled in by hand prior to printing. 

Greek

« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 12:34:15 PM by greekz »
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

Vernon Estes

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2019, 12:44:33 PM »
Picture #2 in the below thread should help to show the 2nd printing open punch holes.  Sorry for the small picture but one can see the single punch hole in the upper left area where the word "optional" is found.  Then notice the 2 open punch holes on the bottom (one on each side of the seam).

Craig R.

I have attached pictures of two manuals I have.  The left has no hole punches and the cover is lighter.  The right has a hole where the words "one inch" are located and no hole in the tire and the cover is darker.  A hole where (optional) and part of "seat" below it.  It also looks like the word (optional) was filled in by hand prior to printing. 

Greek

FYI, the top picture with the hand written portion of "optional" is a reproduction manual.  First printings are undisturbed...second printings have a blank hole....many versions of repops have been made ranging from the one you have which has a handwritten "fill in" to others where it was filled in by type-font but its more bold than the rest of the word (and example of this version is pictured earlier in the thread) to others where the hole is still blank  but other aspects of the manual call it out as a repop.

Vern
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 12:46:38 PM by Vernon Estes »
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

Vernon Estes

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2019, 12:50:52 PM »
Here is another version of a 2nd Printing owner's manual.

Craig R.

This lighter blue cover version (where the cover is almost made out of a construction paper type of paper) is an original what I would call "service replacement" manual.

That is not to say that it couldn't have been supplied in the cars from day one at the dealership, but it was likely printed by SAI and sent to dealers when they dealer ran out of manuals or needed more. I recently bought a 40k mile original 66 GT350 which had its original owners manual packet and included this manual.

Ive also had a67 early car which had the black and white "service manual" which was printed that year...with the original owners info in the front cover as well as the serial number of the car.

Kind regards,
Vern

s2ms

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • 6S1757 Info
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2019, 12:56:00 PM »
Thought those from a Vern posting  ::) Believe you posted two pictures of the cover also
Thanks for posting them again.

And addition not on the first Reproduction (to the left) picture is the  bolder "SEAT" letters also in an attempt to fix the punch binder holes

You bet. Found the old thread I was thinking of, 2008, looks like we both posted there...

http://www.shelbyforums.com/threads/1966-gt-350-owners-manual.7746/

Yes, there was also some cover photos showing detail differences, found those too, here's the uncropped originals...

Dave - 6S1757

Vernon Estes

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2019, 01:31:11 PM »
Thought those from a Vern posting  ::) Believe you posted two pictures of the cover also
Thanks for posting them again.

And addition not on the first Reproduction (to the left) picture is the  bolder "SEAT" letters also in an attempt to fix the punch binder holes

You bet. Found the old thread I was thinking of, 2008, looks like we both posted there...

http://www.shelbyforums.com/threads/1966-gt-350-owners-manual.7746/

Yes, there was also some cover photos showing detail differences, found those too, here's the uncropped originals...

Excellent example picture of the white square on the cover...also the "CS" with the checkered flag on the end of it never copies as well...

greekz

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2019, 02:23:45 PM »

Craig R.

Greek

Craig R.

Greek

FYI, the top picture with the hand written portion of "optional" is a reproduction manual.  First printings are undisturbed...second printings have a blank hole....many versions of repops have been made ranging from the one you have which has a handwritten "fill in" to others where it was filled in by type-font but its more bold than the rest of the word (and example of this version is pictured earlier in the thread) to others where the hole is still blank  but other aspects of the manual call it out as a repop.

Vern

I thought that might be the case.  Thanks.

Greek
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339