Author Topic: Scott Drake Brushed Door Panel Inserts  (Read 1671 times)

rcgt350

• View Profile
Scott Drake Brushed Door Panel Inserts
« on: November 17, 2019, 02:20:52 PM »
I pulled out my Scott Drake brushed door panel inserts yesterday which I bought in 2008, from comparing to others at that time I felt they were the closest to original Ford pieces in finish, I’m still of that opinion but discovered they are at least a half inch shorter at the front of the panel, has this been corrected since the first ones they came out with?

roddster

• View Profile
Re: Scott Drake Brushed Door Panel Inserts
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 10:49:47 AM »
  Might be an issue with the early production versus the late production of the aluminum panels.  Seems the "other guys" stopped making the early type panel.  Boo-hoo for us folks who own the early cars,

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 01:33:07 PM »
Burton Antique Auto Parts is the ONLY one that is making them from the OE type anodized aluminum. The others are not anodized and stained easily. They also aren't an insert, but a complete stamping. As noted, I think they have dropped the early offering.

-Keith

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 02:58:45 PM »
+++1 ^

I used their inserts for the interior door panels, and all dash pieces on the early GT350 I used to own.  They cut all the pieces for each car from the same strip of metal, so everything matches well.  The quality is second to none. 
Nothing beats a classic!