News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Factory stamping- Yellow smudges

Started by hurlbird, November 18, 2019, 10:10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurlbird

i spent some time this weekend with a 40,000 mile all orininal 1970 Mach I taking photos for my restoration. There were some areas on the car where somehting was stamped from the factors but the person who did so of coruse didnt take the time to ensure the stamp was perfect. It is smudged and i cannot read at all what the stamp may have said. It is very small maybe 1.5" wide and .25" tall letters. there appears to be two lines on the trunk lid and only one on the hood. On the fender there is similar that can be read First line Paint OK second line Riddle. I assume the inspectors last name. Perhaps this is the same as the others? This seems larger to me. Any ideas?

Special Ed

NJ plant inspectors stamps and it includes his name.

Coralsnake

hurlbird

very good. So it isnt Riddle but Biddle! How are folks recreating them these days if at all? Justa NJ thing? im not clear.

J_Speegle

Quote from: hurlbird on November 18, 2019, 12:52:22 PM
very good. So it isnt Riddle but Biddle! How are folks recreating them these days if at all?

By buying, borrowing or making stamps that reproduce the original look

Quote from: hurlbird on November 18, 2019, 12:52:22 PMJusta NJ thing?

Stamps like this (inspector) on the body are assemble plant specific. Other plants other stamps and methods. and they changed from year to year or even month to month - No one size fits all
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

shelbydoug

Adam stamped mine and it is definitely yellow paint.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!