News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

51 year owner

Started by 2112, November 17, 2019, 12:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

Great article.  Thanks for sharing!
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

69mach351w

Awesome!!  Love the paperwork  8)

FL SAAC

must have been a joy to drive with 4.57 gears
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

1967 eight barrel

I don't want to drive 3.50's on the freeway at 65, must less 4.56...  Drone........

I have owned my car since I was 17.. 1982.... Scary thought. 37 years.

-Keith

Rukiddin

I ordered/bought my first new car in Nov. '66. Just graduated HS in June '66.Brand new 1967 Galaxie 2 dr. 428,4 speed. Delivered to the Chicago Ford dealer I worked at (beginning July '66,)in Jan. '67....just in time for the infamous Chicago snow storm. 18 years old and crazy as hell...raced it @ US 30 Gary,Ind in ET brackets,did a little street racing,a little drive-in movies, ::) and so on...
I still have it. Never let it out of my sight. Had a 427 MR for a while after 428 expired  >:(

I continued as dealer tech full time for 43 more years and part-time until about 2012.
The '67 Galaxie is still in my garage waiting for me.....hope I make it

Richstang

I met Jim at the 2016 SAAC Northeast Regionals show in PA. He was kind enough to talk with me about his car in detail. You could tell he was happy to own it and took pride in that, as he should. Very nice car. The factory Paxton is hard to miss.  8)

1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Jim Walsh is great ambassador to the brand, has always been a gentleman and shares his love and knowledge about Shelby's to all.
Congrats to Jim
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

roddster

I'm at 48 years with 67/#0036 and closing in on 50.  Take your time, you'll get there.

Rukidding:  Love the 67 Galaxies, yours with a 428 is especially super.  If you live still in the Chicago area, I might have seen it at some show in the past 25 years.

csheff

nate

Rocket

Owned 6S550 since August, 1967. Ron
Original owner of 6S550. Owned since 1967. 64,000 Miles, all body original except hood and front valance. All glass original except windshield. Still has aluminum 4 speed. Has replacement Mico.  Also own 1966 Mustang convertible. They are drivers, not trailer queens.

Hertz74

Bought mine in 1974,  Hertz#818....I was 22...2K club

Have had mine since 82...It was off the road for about 20 years though ,which saved it(from the younger me) ::)