News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Interesting take on the Movie

Started by Mark500, November 21, 2019, 12:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkm

Side-Oilers

Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

FL SAAC

"Ford v Ferrari is beautifully shot, rousing, inspiring, moving, funny, 100% American, and brilliantly acted. Using theme and appealing characters, it has much to say, not just about how conformity and corporatism crush the individual spirit, but about our shared human condition; that thing within all of us — men and women alike — to strive, to overcome, to be your own man at all costs — and yes, there is a cost... but yes, that cost is worth it."

AMERICA  !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Shelby_r_b

Completely ridiculous.  That's 5 minutes I'll never get back.
Nothing beats a classic!

427heaven

Its better to have been a RACER for a few minutes... Then a SPECTATOR for a lifetime, It has to be experienced it cant be explained. ;)

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

JD

Quote from: 427heaven on November 21, 2019, 09:04:19 PM
Its better to have been a RACER for a few minutes... Then a SPECTATOR for a lifetime, It has to be experienced it cant be explained. ;)

+1  (the most fun you can have with your clothes on!)
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

6972boss

WOW, got about halfway through and just couldn't take anymore!!
My wife is very pro female, we have spirited discussions!
However, she was a big wig with Chase bank and liked to promote women first until she came across some bad female apples. We talked about that. I told her to scrap that way of thinking and take the best qualified for for the position. She scoffed at me initially....until I needed a painter in my resto shop....a good looking girl applied. My wife had strong words for me, saying she is a shoe in because her cup size. My reply was I could care less who or what they are as long as they can do the job! (She turned out to be a great asset to the shop and actually could lay color down like glass!) I used it as a great example to my wife and she has opened her eyes a little more to true equality.
Hannah sounds like one of those women who would rather bitch and complain about how things are and not put forth effort to step up and better herself and make good for the collective. What a waste of energy sniveling about the past. With an attitude like hers, she will be left behind.

Side-Oilers

Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Previous:
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1957 T-Bird E-model

Quote from: 6972boss on November 22, 2019, 12:26:57 AM
WOW, got about halfway through and just couldn't take anymore!!
My wife is very pro female, we have spirited discussions!
However, she was a big wig with Chase bank and liked to promote women first until she came across some bad female apples. We talked about that. I told her to scrap that way of thinking and take the best qualified for for the position. She scoffed at me initially....until I needed a painter in my resto shop....a good looking girl applied. My wife had strong words for me, saying she is a shoe in because her cup size. My reply was I could care less who or what they are as long as they can do the job! (She turned out to be a great asset to the shop and actually could lay color down like glass!) I used it as a great example to my wife and she has opened her eyes a little more to true equality.
Hannah sounds like one of those women who would rather bitch and complain about how things are and not put forth effort to step up and better herself and make good for the collective. What a waste of energy sniveling about the past. With an attitude like hers, she will be left behind.

I have met more than a few feminists who are all about womanly love and support.............until they run into another woman who is significantly more attractive.

Then it's game-on 👿

Side-Oilers

^^^ HA!  YES!!!  That knocks the wind out of their sails pretty damn fast!!
Current:

Previous:
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1957 T-Bird E-model

ChicagoChris

If you don't like a movie preview, don't go to the movie.
If you don't like guns, don't buy one.
If you don't like income disparity, get another job.
If you don't like Capitalism, move to a country that doesn't have it.

God Bless America.

BGlover67

Wow, she says the movie doesn't have enough diversity.  That could be fixed.  How about they reshoot the leads with Jackie Chan as Ken Miles and Chris Tucker as Carroll Shelby?  I could see that working.  :o
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Quote from: BGlover67 on November 22, 2019, 10:54:21 AM
Wow, she says the movie doesn't have enough diversity.  That could be fixed.  How about they reshoot the leads with Jackie Chan as Ken Miles and Chris Tucker as Carroll Shelby?  I could see that working.  :o

Nope, Chan and Tucker are straight (I think).

mark p

Quote from: ChicagoChris on November 22, 2019, 08:42:50 AM
If you don't like a movie preview, don't go to the movie....

+1
... and don't bother writing an absurd review
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird