Author Topic: Interesting take on the Movie  (Read 6993 times)

mark p

• SAAC Member
  • south NJ - Philly 'burbs
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting take on the Movie
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2019, 06:25:17 PM »
Also interesting that this "person"(?) selects one paradigm ("only straight white men") while the NPR review starts with:
In a deliciously digressive sequence of the rollicking Ford v Ferrari, Mollie (Outlander's Caitriona Balfe), the otherwise supportive wife of test car driver Ken Miles (Christian Bale), treats her husband to a taste of his own medicine after he unilaterally takes what ought to have been a joint family decision. Exasperated, Mollie propels Ken into a hair-raising speed-ride through hairpin bends in the staid family car...

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2019, 08:23:55 AM »
GREAT MOVIE... I had the pleasure of watching the movie and had an array of different emotions. After watching I learned what really happened back in the day and was appalled how the Corporation did things. Having both family and friends working for FORD motor company at that time it made me think how some decisions are made. Having the ability to see things from both sides, as I was one of the guys that were hands on with the tools for design and construction of different projects in an entirely different field. I also had the fortune to be one of the SUITS to see and do things, sitting in the captains seat of corporate AMERICA. Watching the movie with the wife, particularly the scene at the end when MILES was told to slow down... She turned to me and asked what would you have done? It was such a thought provoking question that I didn't know how I would have handled it. When racers line up to race they race to win not play into corp. semantics, bottom line on this story line is if you cant put food on the table you will do things a little differently like the SUITS told him to do. :'( KEN was the best driver at that time and needed to be treated as such. Corporate wants what they want, and when men and women dedicate their lives to the cause they should be treated accordingly. Back to family and friends at FORD MOTOR CO. They were treated the same way they treated (Miles) only they wore the suits and were the YES SIR men. Carma paid a visit to them later in life for all the things they said and did to all those below them, they reflect they should have done things differently. Life is not always fair.

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2019, 09:14:02 AM »
Check out the reader comments to the article. I went about 6 pages deep and didn't find one that agreed with her.
++1
Actually I stopped reading her article after the 3rd paragraph 'cause I knew where it was headed ::)

I did read several comments and agreed with all I read ;D
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 09:31:03 AM by 69mach351w »

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2019, 02:33:43 PM »
+1

ollie n.

GREAT MOVIE... I had the pleasure of watching the movie and had an array of different emotions. After watching I learned what really happened back in the day and was appalled how the Corporation did things. Having both family and friends working for FORD motor company at that time it made me think how some decisions are made. Having the ability to see things from both sides, as I was one of the guys that were hands on with the tools for design and construction of different projects in an entirely different field. I also had the fortune to be one of the SUITS to see and do things, sitting in the captains seat of corporate AMERICA. Watching the movie with the wife, particularly the scene at the end when MILES was told to slow down... She turned to me and asked what would you have done? It was such a thought provoking question that I didn't know how I would have handled it. When racers line up to race they race to win not play into corp. semantics, bottom line on this story line is if you cant put food on the table you will do things a little differently like the SUITS told him to do. :'( KEN was the best driver at that time and needed to be treated as such. Corporate wants what they want, and when men and women dedicate their lives to the cause they should be treated accordingly. Back to family and friends at FORD MOTOR CO. They were treated the same way they treated (Miles) only they wore the suits and were the YES SIR men. Carma paid a visit to them later in life for all the things they said and did to all those below them, they reflect they should have done things differently. Life is not always fair.
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

QuickSilverShelby

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2019, 11:18:14 PM »
I saw it for a second time today with a car bud of mine. When I saw it last Saturday at 3:20pm in IMAX the theater was about 1/4 full. I figured that was about right for a 60's car movie. Today at a 3:30 showing (no IMAX this time) and the theater was over 1/2 full.

I think the word is out on how good a show it is.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2019, 12:29:38 AM »
I just saw the movie for the third time, and it does NOT lose its flavor for me.
Nothing beats a classic!

rkm

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2019, 07:57:45 AM »
Sold out at 7:30 last night in Toronto at the VIP.

honker

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2019, 09:35:30 AM »